Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dead Man in Trieste by Michael Pearce. I put aside Infinite Jest - for the second time. Have also started the Spellman series by Lisa Lutz. And it may be time to re-read Catch-22.

Baby Proof - my last Emily Giffin novel! She's pretty great for mindless entertainment. Other then that I read Rachael Ray magazine every month and my bio textbook! Not that fun...

Baby Proof - my last Emily Giffin novel! She's pretty great for mindless entertainment. Other then that I read Rachael Ray magazine every month and my bio textbook! Not that fun...

Oh! I loved my Biology Text...Chemistry wiped the floor with me.

"the poet "by michael connelly, this author amazes me. i have read ten of his books in the last month or so. this book and maybe one other are brilliant. the rest of his books, mostly ones with his character. henry botch, the detective are just not that good. curious as to why ? to lazy to check spelling of the detective

babetoo said:
last week i finished "chasing the dime" and this week "water for elephants"
the latter is just wonderful. i would recommend it to anyone but especially those that are getting older.

Adored "Water for Elephants". I would rec it for anyone. Did not see the movie, can't imagine it did justice to the book.

The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood
When She Woke - Hillary Jordan
Both of these novels are set in a dystopian future... both really good reads.

Loved Water for Elephants. I've been on the road for two weeks and have read a bunch of used paperbacks I pick up at the library's used book sale. Nothing stands out. Didn't know "Water" was a movie. Will ask husband to netflix it for me.

I ordered a bunch of books from Abe Used books, including Water for Elephants.

I'm currently reading the third book of the founding of the Commonwealth by Alan Dean Foster. I'm also in the middle of A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett.

Midway through Those Who Walk Away - Patricia Highsmith cat & mouse in Venice and Rebecca Wentworth's Distraction, Robert J. Begiebing - set in 1740's New England. Both absorbing.

Sounds like I should add Water for Elephants to my list, along with Atwood's The Year of the Flood and several more. Thanks, folks.

I just found PartnerShip by Anne McCaffrey and Margaret Ball in my mailbox.

I won't read anything else until I've re-read this old favorite! Whoo Hoo!

I just found PartnerShip by Anne McCaffrey and Margaret Ball in my mailbox.

I won't read anything else until I've re-read this old favorite! Whoo Hoo!

hiya zee. what is the best mccaffrey novel to showcase her talents, in your opinion? i'd like to take a look at her but she seems to write together with lots of different authors....

Hi, Vit. I'd say that The Dragonriders of Pern is a must read. She's a wonderful author. Don't plan on going anywhere for awhile, she's really hard to put down.

Back
Top Bottom