Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm reading War Horse. I have never read a book after seeing a movie but since my grandson spent money he received from his teacher for work well done I couldn't refuse. He is my heart and it thrills me that he would do this for me.So War Horse it is then, on to Hunger games.
kades

Hi. This is SimonBaker's daughter Dani.
I'm reading Treasure Island at the moment for school it isnt that interesting. I am also reading stories on a website called Wattpad.com. The books on there are great. You can even write your own book! :)

Hello Dani,

I agree, right now "Treasure Island," might not be that exciting but, it is a good book to learn writing styles. It can teach you about writing descriptions and dialogue. You can also compare it to the "Pirates of The Caribbean" stories and see where a lot of the ideas for that came from. It was written very long ago (1883) and it is interesting to see how writing styles have changed since then.

Have fun with it!

The Allure of Apulia

I am writing an article, for the magazine ... so we are re-reading, re-editing, proofing etcetra ... Here we are, the 3 boys, my younger daughter Nathalia, my son in law and the Vet.

Have a Happy Holiday and nice wkend.

Margi

It's not that I dislike them, it's a matter of over-familiarity. They're like the little kid next door who comes over so often he becomes a pest. As the Pythons would say, "give it a rest."

Yes, I got it... I should have put the word "still" in front of LIKE in previous post... I agree that it's a problem sometimes with series. Some writers are more awkward about repeating information about characters than others... Yet that has to happen a little in case someone picks up "S is for Silence" (my favorite) before "A is for Alibi." (At least with Sue Grafton it's dead easy to see the proper order in which to read the books.) :)

I was just saying I DO still like reading about Henry and his family and Rosie...

The best one at smoothly repeating characters (IMO) was Ed McBain, who wrote more than 50 novels about recurring characters of the 87th Precinct... I never got tired of those.

here's a fun fact for all of you sue grafton readers: influenced not only by her detective author dad, c.w. grafton, but also ross macdonald and john d. macdonald--good company indeed.... :)

Finished books 1 and 2 of the "Gray Man" series by Mark Greaney, and just started book 3 ("Ballistic"). If you're not familiar with the series, it's about a rogue CIA operative turned assassin.

I've finished Taken by Robert Crais, and enjoyed it. It is action-suspense genre and may have a bit too much graphic violence for some readers.

Next up: The Hunger Games

There is a computer room with bookshelves lining one wall. When I moved in nearly 3 years ago, there were only a few books. It's grown quite a bit since then. Recently I cleaned out my bookcase of books I had read and moved them there to make room for more. You just take any you're interested in, keep them as long as you like. No checkout or anything like that.

I'm just glad to be able to make room on my bookshelves, and pass them along to other readers.

Next up: The Hunger Games

I'm enjoying The Hunger Games (pg. 133--just when the real games begin) and have already reserved Catching Fire and Mockingjay at my public library.

I can tell already that I will enjoy all three of the trilogy. It will be interesting to see the movie but I already know I will enjoy the books more.

I got Patrick Lee's The Breach in the mail yesterday. This is my kind of sci-fi. I'm already over 1/3 of the way through.

Jefferson Bass, The Bone Yard, I love these books!

and yes, I know Jefferson Bass is two people...

trying kathy reichs on for size. i think it's going to be a good fit. her death du jour is the book i'm reading right now. she has written 16 crime novels to choose from. she seems to be something of a modern day patricia cornwell of scarpetta fame. so far, i like her style of writing....

it's always a plus when an author you like has a good sized reservoir of work to return to. :)

Last edited:
Buongiorno,

I take great enjoyment in my Friday and Sunday newspaper no matter, where I am or which language it is in, as I can read in 6 languages ... Speak 5. The 6th, is a toughy and would have to take an intensive course ...

The weekend edition of the Apulia - Puglia Daily Friday Newspaper.

Ciao.
Margi.

trying kathy reichs on for size. i think it's going to be a good fit. her death du jour is the book i'm reading right now. she has written 16 crime novels to choose from. she seems to be something of a modern day patricia cornwell of scarpetta fame. so far, i like her style of writing....

it's always a plus when an author you like has a good sized reservoir of work to return to. :)
Are the characters much like those in the TV series?

Back
Top Bottom