Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment, hubby and I are both reading the same thing on our kindles :)

The author is G Norman Lippert and he has written some books that follow on from the Harry Potter books. The books have the children of the original Harry Potter novels in them.

James Potter book 1 is brilliant, I am halfway through it and it is so like reading a Harry Potter novel, the writing is fabulous and there are so many familiarities with refernce to all things Harry...I definitely recommend these books for anyone who is a fan of the Harry Potter books :)

He is not selling his books, they are free

Books Are Here

Thanks, Kylie, I just downloaded them and will be adding them to the Kindle.

Your very welcome Fiona :)

They really are so good so far...hubby is onto the last book and he said he has throughly enjoyed them :cool:

Oh yes, Greg, I endorse reading all the Harry Potter books. They're fabulous and far better than the movies. I love the pictures J.K. Rowling paints in my mind as I read. She's, to use an appropriate word, a real wizard in the literary world.

Just finished Alice in Wonderland Down the Rabbit Hole and Through the Looking Glass. What fun!!!! I wish Glenn's granddaughters would endeavor to read them.

No need to worry about me tackling the Harry Potter series. I just finished reading all the known (5/7) George RR Martin Game of Thrones series. I'm not ready to tackle any new series at present, no matter how light or how ponderous. At present I need some light reading "one off" novels. I don't want any new commitments at present.

It boggles my mind that we may need to wait 5-6 years for Martin to finish his medieval fantasy series. I sometimes wonder why I even got into this. (I've enjoyed the existing 5 novels out of the 7 projected total.)

I got into Stieg Larsson's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo knowing that the author was gone, and it all worked out well (for we fans, not for the author) in that the final volume of the trilogy gave us closure.

Whatever did Rowling decide? Terminate the series? Write more? Move on to something else? Or not specified yet?

The Harry Potter series has ended with the last book. If she writes more in the Potterverse, it will have to be a tangential story, Harry did what he was born to do.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Thanks, Kylie, I just downloaded them and will be adding them to the Kindle.

How do I download them? I went to the link & clicked on the book name under Kindle, but all I got was jibberish. I'm using my phone to download it but I also have Kindle on my phone. Thanks.

Isabel, La Reina & Steve Jobs

I have just borrowed from the Library:

1. Isabel, La Reina Católica ( Isabel, The Catholic Queen ), written by:

Ms. Ángeles de Irisarrí ... Queen Isabel of the Catholic Reign was one of the most powerful women in her time, in a world of male rulers ... She had funded Cristobal Colon´s expeditions to the New World, known as Christopher Colombus ... Exemplary reading.

Actress Sigourney Weaver had done a portrayal of her reign in a film called: 1492 ...

2. Steve Jobs - Written by: Walter Isaacson

Steve Jobs was brilliant ... and quite a revolutionary in his own right. I shall begin it at the weekend.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Ciao, Margi. :cool: ;)

It boggles my mind that we may need to wait 5-6 years for Martin to finish his medieval fantasy series. I sometimes wonder why I even got into this. (I've enjoyed the existing 5 novels out of the 7 projected total.)

I suppose he could have waited until all 7 books (7-10K pages) were written, edited, and ready before releasing anything. Books of this stature take time, no way around it.

I am ready for the next one, but I will have to wait.

Try reading the Dark Tower cycle. It's finished... and that took much longer.

I suppose he could have waited until all 7 books (7-10K pages) were written, edited, and ready before releasing anything. Books of this stature take time, no way around it.

I am ready for the next one, but I will have to wait.

Try reading the Dark Tower cycle. It's finished... and that took much longer.

No, of course it would have made no sense to wait until the series was complete. I wasn't complaining about having to wait for #6-#7, just recognizing that they won't be available anytime soon. I'm guessing 2-3 years soonest for #6.

I will try the Dark Tower, when I feel ready for such heavy reading again. I need a bit of time to recover from A Game of Thrones since I read #1-#5 with practically no break, almost 5,000 pages.

Waiting for #6 and #7 will give me something to look forward to.

How do I download them? I went to the link & clicked on the book name under Kindle, but all I got was jibberish. I'm using my phone to download it but I also have Kindle on my phone. Thanks.

I know nothing about phone apps, asking the wrong person here. I downloaded them as Mobi files to my laptop, then I will load them onto my Kindle. Sorry, no help.

Just finished Geyser Life, about 3 grown siblings and their runaway Dad. Lots of food for thought, e.g., how I can't measure your corn in my half-bushel.

Now I'm going to Google that expression and see if it means what I think it does. :huh:

www.phaidon.com

Buonasera,

Deciding which books to tote over to Puglia Condo ...

I shall take over :

1. Vefa´s Kitchen ( Greek cuisine ) written by: Vefa Alexiadou
Regional Greek specialties from the sea and the mountains ...

2. The Silver Spoon for Children : Italian Regional dedicated to childrens palates

3. Recipes from an Italian Summer

4. The Silver Spoon ( a classic and traditional Italian regional bible )

5. Tuscany ( the specialties of Tuscana )

6. The silver spoon Pasta

Have lovely evening,
Margi.

Thanks Kylie. I'm a bit overloaded by heavy novels, and need a break, and unfortunately I've started some adrenaline loaded US Border Patrol vs. Mexican crime lords novel. (Triple Crossing by Sebastian Rotella)

I think I'll be back to fantasy soon. It's just that George R.R. Martin was a pretty heavy dose, particularly after reading the first 5 in series, about 4500 pages, in sequence.

I think what I need even better is a break from all fiction. I've been reading Ratio in my lighter moments.

Yes, I can see that you certainly have done some heavy reading...nice to have a bit of a break and read something a little lighter

As far as fantasy novels, have you read any Tad Williams?

Nope, no Tad Williams, never heard of the author.

My fantasy recommendations:

Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series ("The Hollows" series). Good on so many levels. Each novel can be appreciated on its own and each has a satisfying ending, although they should be read in order of publishing date.

Karen Moning's Fever series (now complete). Novels do not stand alone, or only loosely, but the series is complete so you can read this series from debut to conclusion without any hitch. This series is what really hooked me on fantasy, although Harrison shares the blame too. :)

Last edited:
Just started "The Dog who Knew too Much" by Spencer Quinn. I like this series (this is #4) about a private detective and his dog. The stories are told from the dog's point of view. Good light reading. A little mystery-thriller, a little comedy.

Back
Top Bottom