Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrissie hynde, the lead singer of the pretenders, wrote this song in cuba, together with her young scottish(?) lover/singer, after seeing the swedish vampire movie, let the right one in, about two years ago. i don't know if this video was used in the movie trailer. pretty intense song, as much about crissie's fresh new love affair as it is about this dark vampire movie.

Last edited:
I just started "The Baritone wore Chiffon" by Mark Schweizer. I read his first "The Alto wore Tweed" and really enjoyed it so got the next in the series. It's kind of light reading which I needed after the Clark family saga. The main character is a "character"! Chief of Police in a rural town along with being the Episcopal Church organist and choir director and wannabe writer. He writes outlandish stories ala Raymond Chandler that he adds to the choir folders. There's always a mystery for the detective side of him while the church side is busy with all the intricacies of church. Funny stuff! Lots of classical music references also.

Another Baldacci fan here. I finished Absolute Power and am already half way through The Whole Truth. I've got another two on the way, as well.

parting with a good book is much like having to say goodbye to a friend who is moving away, permanently. it's not quite death, but....

b&n is advertising ebooks for $6.99--cook books, some really good ones, with many well-known chefs. fifty titles in all. can kindle people read nook books as readily as i can buy and read kindle ebooks?

I am reading M.C. Beaton's book - Hiss and Hers, the lastest Agatha Raisin mystery. Love all of her books.

I just finished A Spoonful of Poison -- the one about the LSD-spiked jam. I didn't recognize having read it before when I brought it home from the library, but it had been quite a while ago and she was fun all over again. I'm happy to hear there's a new one to read. :)

I just finished A Spoonful of Poison -- the one about the LSD-spiked jam. I didn't recognize having read it before when I brought it home from the library, but it had been quite a while ago and she was fun all over again. I'm happy to hear there's a new one to read. :)

I was on the waiting list at the library for about two months for Hiss and Hers and was glad to finally get it. When I am done reading this I am going to reread The Deadly Dance , another Agatha Reisin mystery. Poor Agatha she is having such a hard time growing older.:ermm:

I was on the waiting list at the library for about two months for Hiss and Hers and was glad to finally get it. When I am done reading this I am going to reread The Deadly Dance , another Agatha Reisin mystery. Poor Agatha she is having such a hard time growing older.:ermm:

Yes, but at least she has good legs and glossy hair. :LOL:

I recently (and finally!) read The Hunger Games Trilogy. Now I am reading The Brotherhood (A Precinct 11 Novel), by Jerry B. Jenkins.

I am currently reading "The 1,000 Gift Dare". It is very soul searching. I am finding good in things I never thought I would....right down to my migraine yesterday - a chance to rest, block out everything and just concentrate on my breathing and my faith. It worked too!:)

I am currently reading "The 1,000 Gift Dare". It is very soul searching. I am finding good in things I never thought I would....right down to my migraine yesterday - a chance to rest, block out everything and just concentrate on my breathing and my faith. It worked too!:)
Have you read The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom? Her sister sure taught her a lesson about finding the good in all situations! Even the fleas!

Yes, I read that years ago. You should check out the 1,000 gift dare. I will send you the info on it. There is a devo for it too. :)

Back
Top Bottom