Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'The oath of the Vayuputras' the final book of Shiva trilogy. The overall story is good except some loose ends but the narrative is unbearable, the English is bad sometime also wrong, full of anachronism every moment the reader have to stumble upon a totally mismatched word or concept.

And it is thoroughly influenced by Dan Brown.

just finished Jane M. Auels Earth's Children.
Going on with Stephen King/Peter Straub "black House", which I came across in the library..

I'm reading the FGI's Design and Construction Guidelines for Healthcare Facilities. I don't have time for leisure reading right now. But, I hope to in May!

51KB6E4JSRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Just finished The Paris Wife and The Kingmaker's Daughter. I think I've had enough historical fiction for now. Don't get me wrong, both were good. But when you know how a book ends when you start reading, and it ain't good, it can get a bit depressing. I mean, I knew that Richard killed a couple of nephews, and I knew Hemmingway came from a line of suicides (I didn't know his first wife did as well). But, Gee. Way too depressing. I need something cheerful.

Well, it wasn't cheerful, but a recent book was "Her Fearful Symmetry". Talk about creepy, especially since a couple of my friends are identical twins. It happened to be one of the few books I actually bought (I rarely buy books, usually am a library person, but will pick them up used at book sales and on Amazon), so asked my twin friends if they read it. Nope. Interested? YES! I'm going to be curious to see their reaction. They both like anything about twins and anything about ghosts, so it should be fun.

mmyap & tinlizzie: I lived on Oahu off & on for 10 years. I read Michener's Hawaii en route and when I first got there. As always whenever we moved I hit the local literature section of the library and read and read and read some more, and was pleased that Michener's book was actually pretty fairly true to life (I mean, after all, a novel is a novel). I still have a few friends left in the islands and will find this book, since we had some friends in the Korean/Hawaiian/American community (actually, still do). I don't often buy books, but may look this one up on Amazon and pass it on to my --- well, Korean/Hawaiian/American friend!

mmyap & tinlizzie: I lived on Oahu off & on for 10 years. I read Michener's Hawaii en route and when I first got there. As always whenever we moved I hit the local literature section of the library and read and read and read some more, and was pleased that Michener's book was actually pretty fairly true to life (I mean, after all, a novel is a novel). I still have a few friends left in the islands and will find this book, since we had some friends in the Korean/Hawaiian/American community (actually, still do). I don't often buy books, but may look this one up on Amazon and pass it on to my --- well, Korean/Hawaiian/American friend!

You are going to find yourself saying "I been there!" and "I ate that!":)

I just finished Ian Rankin "Standing In Another Man's Grave." One of the Inspector Rebus books. Loved it. I thought that when Inspector Rebus retired that would be the end of the series but apparently not. Still lots of mischief for him to get into.

"Corpse - Nature, Forensics, and the Struggle to Pinpoint Time of Death." Really neat if you're into forensic entomology and forensic botony. Or just science/nature/biology in general. It's not as gross/morbid as I was prepared for it to be.

"Corpse - Nature, Forensics, and the Struggle to Pinpoint Time of Death." Really neat if you're into forensic entomology and forensic botony. Or just science/nature/biology in general. It's not as gross/morbid as I was prepared for it to be.

That sounds interesting! Who is the author? I love things like that, as long as I don't have to watch it on screen.

Yes, The Body Farm, have read all the books by Jon Jefferson & Bill Bass. Even looked into donating myself when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom