Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The Bat in My Pocket", "So That Others May Live", Mr. Monk and the New Lieutenant", and "The Long Way Home", more or less all at the same time.

I've started re-reading Isaac Asimov's "The Foundation Trilogy". I bought a later pre-quel (sorry, that sounds a bit odd but I expect you know whart I mean) in a charity shop and decided I needed to read the original three first so I knew where I was.

I'm into the first of the trilogy and finding it harder going than I remember.

That sounds like a really good story, Kayelle, and I love historical fiction, too. I added it to my Amazon wishlist for when I finish my current book. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Before I left to visit my mom a couple weeks ago, I downloaded a book to read on my Amazon Fire tablet: "In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner," by Elizabeth George, a murder mystery. My mom gave me another of the books in this series last year. The primary character is an inspector at Scotland Yard. The stories are complex and really well done.

This interests me too, Kay. I subscribe to BookBub, and get many of my favorite authors free, but since I also have Amazon Prime, I'll need to look into Goodreads as well.

Dawg, I do Book Bub and Amazon Prime as well, but I like the Goodreads site for looking at at book without a sales motive.
I'll have to look into In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner GG!!

Although my reading tends to skew towards cozy mysteries, I'm not averse to reading other genre. I did read a historical novel that I did enjoy. Back when I was still volunteering at the local library, I shelved and then removed a Mary Higgins Clark novel called "Mount Vernon Love Story: A Novel of George and Martha Washington". If I recall correctly, it was told mostly in Martha Washington's voice, and gave a very soft and engaging profile of our first president. I really enjoyed it.

Made a stop at said library today to pick up a movie DVD (I'll review "Trainwreck" after we watch it) and also came home with a new book that caught my eye. Called "Cooking for Picasso", it's a mix of historical information and fictional writing. Haven't started it yet, but I'll review it when I'm done.

That sounds like a really good story, Kayelle, and I love historical fiction, too. I added it to my Amazon wishlist for when I finish my current book. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Before I left to visit my mom a couple weeks ago, I downloaded a book to read on my Amazon Fire tablet: "In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner," by Elizabeth George, a murder mystery. My mom gave me another of the books in this series last year. The primary character is an inspector at Scotland Yard. The stories are complex and really well done.

Inspector Lynley, he's fantastic! I need to start reading E. George again.

I love historical fiction and this one was excellent and unusual.
In addition to a captivating well written story it has interesting period medicine, along with compelling character development. It was a real page turner and I will start on the sequel right away. Take a look!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23388476-the-doctor-s-daughter

OK, I just finished the second and final book.."the choice". Here's my review at Goodreads..
Bravo!!! What a story! There was literally not one page that let my attention wander. The Choice was even better than the first book, if that's possible. I appreciated so much about both books and The Choice was perfect in every way. What a truly talented story teller who consistently kept my full attention packing drama into every page. I agree with others that The Doctor's Daughter would make a captivating mini series for television. I hope it happens!!

...came home with a new book that caught my eye. Called "Cooking for Picasso", it's a mix of historical information and fictional writing. Haven't started it yet, but I'll review it when I'm done.
The title of this book should have been "Just One More Chapter". :LOL: That is exactly how I treated it the previous two nights...and stayed up way past late-o-clock. Instead, I settled in this afternoon between lunch and baseball to finish it off.

Was this book GOOD! I thought the author was very creative by writing two parallel stories. Every few chapters, the storyline would alternate between the character Celine in modern times, and her grandma Ondine in the 1930s through the second half of the 1960s. It intertwined the two stories, with Celine's desire to find out her family history moving the story to Ondine's also being written in the present tense. Mystery and intrigue, romance and love, this book has it all. And, in spite of the title, not a recipe to be seen!

Finished up the last book that will be written by Avery Aames (a pseudonym) in the "Cheese Shop Mysteries" series. She's decided to end it. I'll miss the characters I've come to know as if they lived in my own neighborhood, but at least I can continue to enjoy her other series, "Cookbook Nook Mysteries", written under her own name of Daryl Wood Gerber.

This last book was entitled "For Cheddar or Worse". I loved how she worked the name of a cheese or cheese-based food into the title of each of her books! :LOL:

I'm reading small study about food and digestive system. Just proof reading, but it is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom