Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, none for myself.
I just read Goodnight, Thumper does that count?
I am about 4 John Grisham books behind. I was in the middle of The Last Juror last summer.

Right now I'm working on "Twilght Eyes" by Dean Koontz. It's a bit creepy but not nightmarish. I seem to be in a mystery/suspense mood since most of the books I have right now are that kind. I just finished Up Country by Nelson DeMille and Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark (and her daughter). I see Margaret Truman died yesterday so will have to get caught up on her books as well.

"Voluntary Simplicity" again, a book by Duane Elgin - toward a way of life that is outwardly simple, inwardly rich.

I remind myself now and then. I am blessed.

Another book is "The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav. I don't agree with much of what he writes, but it is thought provoking.

Last edited:
Wake The Dead by Dorothy Simpson. I am reading all of her books featuring, Inspector Luke Thanet. I love English mysteries!

I would tell you the main title but it might be taken the wrong way but it's absolutely fascinating and interesting to history buffs which I am --but the subtitle is Nine Hundred Years of Vile Kings and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman and found in the historical aisles of Barnes & Nobles and fascinating to read. How sad a life most of these queens and princesses led.

Brother Odd - Dean Koontz at work at lunch.

Going to start Prince Caspian at home soon. Need to read it before seeing the movie.

I am reading a little book called "Last Night at the Lobster" and I'm also getting ready to start Robert Morgan's biography "Boone".

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire for bookclub and each morning I read from the Bible where I am currently reading through Proverbs and 1 Samuel.

I love mysteries of any sort, and English ones are great. I also love the "Odd" series of novels. The fact is that I love to read, period. I usually have a couple of "serious" reading going on, and a book I'm reading aloud to "my gals" (a blind lady and one who is house-bound because of arthritis). Now I'm in the middle of a biography of Georges Simenon, alsoI The Measure of a Man, and just for fun, a few murder mysteries. By the way, support your local library. Our local has a St Valentine's day card sale. I usually do some kind of bead work and attach it to a card. This is a great fund raiser. I do a couple of hours of volunteer work for the project. It is fun.

Job - A Comedy Of Justice by Robert A. Heinlein

Revelations from the Bible. It is the current book we are on in the church. Each month we read one book from the Bible, in order. Genesis is next.
This is separate from Sunday School and sermons, just a program started to encourage the congregation to better learn and understand their Bible.

Which is a funny coincidence, if have ever read JOB you would understand. If not read the description of JOB and I think you will get it.

The Golden Compass trilogy--I am just starting the third book.

Also a couple of Michael Pollan's books--The Botany of Desire and another one about gardening, can't remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom