Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"206 Bones" by Kathy Reichs...the books the TV show "Bones" is based on.

Haven't read that one yet! I'm saving it for a pool book this summer. Is it good? I love Kathy Reichs. I must say the show disappoints me because Tempe in the books is NOT Aspergers. I think the characters are richer in the books.

Haven't read that one yet! I'm saving it for a pool book this summer. Is it good? I love Kathy Reichs. I must say the show disappoints me because Tempe in the books is NOT Aspergers. I think the characters are richer in the books.
So far so good...haven't read much, too many new toys. Personally, I watch "Bones" for the dialog, which is funny and Angel...er...Seely Booth.

New Toys List:
Laptop Computer
2009 Subaru Outback
Cook'n Recipe Organizer
New storage for our CD's and DVD's

Then there is the satck of books we've managed to accumulate over the last three days. Not to mention cooking, eating, sleeping and getting ready to go back to work.

Anthony Bourdain's new book, Medium Raw. I like it, but then I liked Kitchen Confidential as well. If you didn't like Kitchen Confidential, you most likely won't like this one. And if you've never read "KC", much of this somewhat "sequel" will be oblivious to you. It's a bit different from & not quite as good as "KC", but in the same general style.

Anthony Bourdain's new book, Medium Raw. I like it, but then I liked Kitchen Confidential as well. If you didn't like Kitchen Confidential, you most likely won't like this one. And if you've never read "KC", much of this somewhat "sequel" will be oblivious to you. It's a bit different from & not quite as good as "KC", but in the same general style.

I liked Medium Raw. Not quite as "raw", but Bourdain's writing skills are much better now.

I'm reading "Reflexions," Richard Olney's autobiography. For those of you who are not familiar with him by name, he wrote the Time/Life series "The Good Cook" that has become a collectors' item.

Just finished "Sh*t My Dad Says".

Absolutely hilarious. Out loud belly laughs through the whole thing.

Short read, though, only 100-couple pages.

It was great...took me about 4 hours...I read it straight through, didn't even stop for food!:ohmy:

Jeese, I keep having to completely sign in every time I come here. Oh, well, By the tiime I've signed in, I cannot remember why I'm here to begin with!

Oh, there it is, books. I just finished reading What I Know Now to my shut in friends, and am propably going to send it on to some one I know could use some inspiration. It is a great concept for all of you out there.

I enjoyed this one, but the ending was a little lack luster IMO.

Why couldn't I have seen this the other day, before I bought it?:ROFLMAO: Doesn't matter, I would have bought it anyway.

I'm starting "Pillars of the Earth," by Ken Follett...for the 5th time. I want to get it read again before the mini-series comes out on cable.

Don't worry PrincessFiona. Even though the end could have been better it is still a worthwhile read. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I did I was riveted.

Back
Top Bottom