Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barton Fink. A pretty odd Coen Brothers film. I'm not sure if I should recommend it yet.

My daughter and I just finished reading Superfudge together. I loved that book as a kid and was so happy that she enjoyed it as much ad I did. The only disappointing part is that it has been updated for the times. There is mention of laptop computers and mp3's. I dint see why they needed to add those things in. It is not like they were important to the story.

We started The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe last night and even though it is a little advanced for her she is really enjoying it.

For myself, I just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire. I enjoyed it more than the first book in the series, but did not care for the end. It seemed very sudden with doing a good job of tying things up.

I just started A Game Of Throwns. I have heard excellent things about it, but so far it has not sucked me in. I am not far into it yet though so I know I need to give it more time to grow on me.

I'm not much of a reader. I have a hard time concentrating on things. I probably have ADHD, I just never got diagnosed. I read current events, editorials, technical manuals, but as far as novels, stories, biographies go, they just don't seem to hold my intrest. We just splashed out and got a new camera, so I am currently reading a Photography book. I get a page read and am asleep. I have to go back and read it over the next night. :LOL:

Reading an AMAZing food history of African-Americans in this country from the beginnings of slavery to the present day -- titled "High on the Hog," by Dr. Jessica Harris.

Never read books, but read lots of magazines, computers, music, audio equipment, photography and whatever takes my interest at the time.
I have never managed to become a book worm, unlike my mother and father to an extenet, my wife or our daughter who is destined for journalism on completing her university education next year.

I'm reading about 4 different books right now, one on the Kindle, "Left Neglected," by Lisa Genova. "The Good, The Bad and the Uncanny," by Jim Butcher. "Asian," a cookbook, along with "The Complete Book of Sushi." And I have a stack of magazines to get through!

I'm reading The Reluctant Tuscan written by Phil Doran who was a writer/producer for many popular TV sitcoms. It's non-fiction and hilarious while also insightful (based on his opinion) into the Italian culture. I'm loving it.

another j.d.robb mystery. got five last monday from books by mail. i really love the service.

I got the first three books in her series for my Kindle(when I thought I might end up in the hospital), haven't read them yet. Will have to get around to them soon, especially since you recommended them.:)

I got the first three books in her series for my Kindle(when I thought I might end up in the hospital), haven't read them yet. Will have to get around to them soon, especially since you recommended them.:)

I second her recommendation. As J. D. Robb, she is an incredibly devious writer. Excitement galore and very hard to put down. I still have trouble reconciling her with sweet, nice, tame Nora Roberts' writing.:ermm:

I'm down to the last 28 pages of Lincoln Lawyer. I wouldn't have chosen this book because of the Lawyer in the title. I got tired of reading Grisham because courtroom drama gives me a headache. I was desperate for something new to read, and this turns out to be a good one. More action, less courtroom.

"Better Handwriting," and "The Art Of The Handwritten Note." I've been having fun sending personal notes to family and friends. I guess I've gone "retro" because I'm writing them using an old fashioned fountain pen.

"Baking Boot Camp," one of two of the "Boot Camp" series that I have. I've already read the other, "Culinary Boot Camp."

"The Land Of Scotland," a large, color photo filled coffee table book. I so want to visit there one of these days! (The land of my family heritage.)

"Better Handwriting," and "The Art Of The Handwritten Note." I've been having fun sending personal notes to family and friends. I guess I've gone "retro" because I'm writing them using an old fashioned fountain pen.

"Baking Boot Camp," one of two of the "Boot Camp" series that I have. I've already read the other, "Culinary Boot Camp."

"The Land Of Scotland," a large, color photo filled coffee table book. I so want to visit there one of these days! (The land of my family heritage.)

Are you going to try calligraphy next?

Back
Top Bottom