"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Senior Cook
IMO, coach green formulated the perfect game against the bears-using their strengths (aggressive, fast defense) against them because of the card's weakness (offensive line).

to contain a defense like the bears, you need a quick-hitting, short passing game and BIG receivers that can take a hit and make yards after the catch. the cards worked this plan to perfection last night during the 1st half. they have NO running game, so to keep lienhart from getting blitzed to death, the short drop/passing game was perfect.

but the LACK of a running game killed them in the 2nd half... they couldn't run the clock out. Edge was being "mirrored" by urlacher and urlacher was "putting the wood" to him EVERY time he touched the ball... OUCH! he was clearly shook at the end of the game.

with all of that said, all the kicker had to do was make a 40-yard field goal-that's it. but instead...

black chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #12
Hospitality Queen
yeah yeah yeah, cards coulda won. Woulda, coulda.....

But they DIDN'T! HA!

6 'n' O, BABY!

Go Bears!!!

(I'm particularly proud, as this is my chosen team, and I watch each week with dh, who bleeds black and silver)

Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #13
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Well, Im from Chicago and today some people were VERY dissapointed with their playing. Some folks said that the Bears didnt win, but the opposite team lost.
Personally, Im not into sports. Im into politics. But Im hoping the Bears win the World Series! (i know, i know.... its a joke )
-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #14
Sous Chef
For the record (sad as it may be), the 6 turnovers weren't all in the first half. I believe 2 were in the second half. Not that it matters. It was a disastrous game, and they didn't deserve to win it (editing to say that there were some great plays, however, at the end). Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that they DID win, but when you win like that, it doesn't make me feel very confident. Hopefully, it was just a bad night for Grossman. He is young and not as strong as some would like to give him credit for being.

How about that Cardinal's coach though! What a meltdown! LOL!

BlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
Head Chef
My neighbor and I had a very small bet. She took the Cards and I took the Bears.

I won $5.00.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote