kadesma dear kadesma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I think we would all agree that you produce some extraordinary meals on almost a daily basis. On that note, where do you find your ideas? Do you make most of the meals up on your own, or find websites, or cookbooks? I would love to make meals they way you do!

Lets hear it for kadesma!!! :clap: :punk: :bounce: :w00t2: :brows: :clap:

Cora,
I've been cooking and in the kitchen since I was about 11, I have many cookbooks, have my nose in newpapers, and even eavsedrop when I hear the word food:ROFLMAO: I also have a friend who owns several restaurants and when ever we meet at parties or the little kids birthdays we say hi how are ya and off we go on the food kick.I get ideas all over the place, most times when I try something new, I'll follow the recipe, then the next time I may add or subtract things, my family as most do have definite likes and dislikes so I tend to gear things around what they like. My one big thing is to try not to make the same meal each monday or wednesday as many of my friends parents did. I like to change things around and keep myself interested in what I'm fixing. My whole gang makes sure to each order something different when we go out, then each one will say here mom taste this, that done, I get hey mom can you make this at home? It's like dangeling a carrot in front of a donkey, I love a challenge:LOL: Really it just boils down to the herbs I love and my crazy imagination...I'm one of those lets keep moving people:LOL: My kids swear I make um dizzy when I'm in the kitchen on sundays :huh: I think each one of us here at DC, is a lover of good foods, but mostly it's love of friends and family.

kadesma:)

Thank you Sandy,
That is so nice of you. I'm just me, and I love to cook. It's my way of relaxing and enjoying things around me.

corazon90 said:
I think we would all agree that you produce some extraordinary meals on almost a daily basis.
Agreed! Thanks for all the awesome recipes you share with us.

I mentioned to Michelemarie once - "don't you wish Kadesma was your nieghbor!":LOL:

You RAWK Kadesma!:cool:

MJ said:
Agreed! Thanks for all the awesome recipes you share with us.

I mentioned to Michelemarie once - "don't you wish Kadesma was your nieghbor!":LOL:

You RAWK Kadesma!:cool:
Thanks MJ,
You all are making me blush:blush: I love the exchange of recipes, fun,being able to lend a shoulder or give a pat on the back that is DC and each and every person who visitis here..If truth be known, I'd love having all of you as my neighbors:) We could sure have one heck of a block party:LOL:
kadesma

kads, would you like to have a 25-yr.-old new daughter named luvs? (you may change my name if you like.) your meals are similar to what we cook in Chef school! delicious!
p.s.- i have 2 felines, may my litttle babies accompany me? they behave really well, though they do meow more often than other felines.
i'll begin boxing my belongings & such. see ya soon, my 2nd Mom!
(my 1st Mom is excellent, yet to my dear Mom, 'gourmet' is ramen noodles.) (sorry, 1st Mom, & don't get too upset me if you see this. oodles of noodles are delicious?:LOL: )

Last edited:
luvs said:
kads, would you like to have a 25-yr.-old new daughter named luvs? (you may change my name if you like.) your meals are similar to what we cook in Chef school! delicious!
p.s.- i have 2 felines, may my litttle babies accompany me? they behave really well, though they do meow more often than other felines.
i'll begin boxing my belongings & such. see ya soon, my 2nd Mom!
(my 1st Mom is excellent, yet to my dear Mom, 'gourmet' is ramen noodles.) (sorry, 1st Mom, & please don't get too upset me if you see this.:LOL: )
I would love a 25 year old daughter named Luvs, come join the gang and bring the kitties, we have 2 doxies Maggie my little old lady and now mom's Mollie, plus 3 cats, tigger,whiskers and midnight..We sould be a cozy well fed group:LOL: And give mom #1 a big hug for me she's lucky to have a wonderful daughter..

awwww, kads, see why we love you so?
um, one issue.... my male kitty is named tigger.:unsure: he goes by 'tigs', though. don't want our felines to have any anger issues over whom is 'tigger'.
this aside,
i hug #1 Mom often. i love her dearly. 'cept those ramen noodles weren't quite fitting into her chef-to-be (Lord willing) daughter's dining requests.:LOL:
i really would love to meet you one day, kads, i really would. whose to say? maybe we'll meet one of these days!
-luv, your internet kiddo, luvs

luvs,
seems our two tiggers both go by tigs:LOL: That's okay, one more to pet and love is what it's about. And yes maybe somedoay we might get a chance to meet. There are many here I'd go miles happily to meet. I'll gladly be your internet mom..it would be an honor.:)

Cora,
I love The way to cook by Julia Child, and Everyday Italian, Giada De Laurentis, I use many many of my mother in laws family recipes. I take the old pesto of hers and add my grandmothers bowl of sweet ripe tomatoes from her garden, she would chop them in a coarse chop and dress them with a little evoo and a touch of vinegar and we'd spoon them over the pesto, that and a little fried chicken with wine, garlic, and rosemary, some bread bingo, dinner... I also Like the Jacques Pepin, Cooking with Claudine...Much of what I try to do is just things I've seen march by me in restaurants and then I ask what was that and try doing it at home. I like to try all kinds of things and use the grocery store as a picture show. I make a point of taking my time looking at meats and produce and wondering what would go well with each other, I try to buy, chicken, fish, beef, pork, beans, and then fill in with veggies, salads, pastas and starches. Colors,flavors, run through my head. How would this chicken taste with??? That's all I do. It's fascination with foods themselves and the challenge of making my family happy. Oh, I never take a menu from a cookbook, and most times I glance at the book see a thing like say steaks with blue cheese and I put the book away and shop either in the store or my refrigerator and pantry.

Kadesma, your devotion to your family, love of cooking, creativity, and organizational skills are down right amazing.

I think you ought to write a cookbook.

(In your spare time...:LOL: )

Whoa, how I missed this thread...:ohmy: Let me join in belatedly to pay my tribute to everyone's favourite chef/grandma/ma!!:-p

You certainly have a way to create some amazing things in the kitchen, and a way with the little ones... I wish Guido could meet you, he is one of the world's fussiest little eater, stubborn as a mule to boot, but somehow I am sure that you will find a way to open up his tastebuds... (hey, you said you loved a challenge!!:LOL: )

What would be your suggestion for a kids like him?

licia,
I have one of those kids too. Cade use to eat everything and anything til mommy and daddy gave him his first fast foods. Then things hit the fan. I now am dealing with a kid who ddoesn't like anything green except peas, won't consider fruit in any way shape or form unless I make him a smoothie. He loves chix nuggets, mrxican rice, fried rice, pasta with parm and cream and butter and slice after slice of any type of bread..Sooo, I have worked hard to get him to at least take a bite of things, I've gotten him to eat broccoli, beans, and am working on tomatoes. I got him away from fast food chix by making Paula Deens nuggets with the crushed potatoe chips, I had him help me, I put the chips in a baggie and let him beat the heck out of em and then dunk his chix, now I've switched to panko which he doesn't yet realize and he still does the dunking and loves it. The other two boys eat with both hands and Carson, comes in in the morning and first thing wants to look at the counter and stove to see what's for breakfast:LOL: I think if I continue to let Cade help with food prep, he will be more inclined to eat it. He now makes his own pbj sammies and pours his own milk andknows just hat goes into chocolate chip cookies so there is hope. But, it's something I feel you have to keep after or they revert to not wanting anything but junk. It takes a lot of patience,and love, but, you've got that and I think you can bring Guido around..Take the things he does like, make them more or less his way and encourage him to try all kinds of things.

kadesma :)

Constance said:
Kadesma, your devotion to your family, love of cooking, creativity, and organizational skills are down right amazing.

I think you ought to write a cookbook.

(In your spare time...:LOL: )
:LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Connie, if you could see this house and the kitchen counter, you'd run screaming in fear:LOL: I love to cook and am picky about that, but I fly by the seat of my pants with everything else!!!:angel: Me coobook? sparetime:wacko:

kadesma

Thanks so much CJ for your advice!! Wow, I would have never guessed Cade was the fussy one of all your kids!!
Yes, I noticed with his bigger sister when she joins in with our cooking, she is more willing to try new things and much less finicky. We haven't tried this tactics with Guido, he is one of those hyperactive tasmanian devils, I get a bit too nervous about letting him do something in the kitchen where hot stoves and sharp knives aren't so far away from his reach. But maybe I can start him with something very simple, like cutting out cookies etc. That maybe worth a try... he is now almost 7 and half, he should be old enough for things like that, let alone starting to eat variety of foods!!

Thanks again for the wisdom of Ma!!:) :)

sorry, guys, kads already adopted me & my felines.:LOL:
i suppose we may find room for you in our new family; until then, sorry. kads is my new 2nd Mom.

Back
Top Bottom