"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
Executive Chef

kadesma dear kadesma

I think we would all agree that you produce some extraordinary meals on almost a daily basis. On that note, where do you find your ideas? Do you make most of the meals up on your own, or find websites, or cookbooks? I would love to make meals they way you do!

Lets hear it for kadesma!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Cora,
I've been cooking and in the kitchen since I was about 11, I have many cookbooks, have my nose in newpapers, and even eavsedrop when I hear the word food I also have a friend who owns several restaurants and when ever we meet at parties or the little kids birthdays we say hi how are ya and off we go on the food kick.I get ideas all over the place, most times when I try something new, I'll follow the recipe, then the next time I may add or subtract things, my family as most do have definite likes and dislikes so I tend to gear things around what they like. My one big thing is to try not to make the same meal each monday or wednesday as many of my friends parents did. I like to change things around and keep myself interested in what I'm fixing. My whole gang makes sure to each order something different when we go out, then each one will say here mom taste this, that done, I get hey mom can you make this at home? It's like dangeling a carrot in front of a donkey, I love a challenge Really it just boils down to the herbs I love and my crazy imagination...I'm one of those lets keep moving people My kids swear I make um dizzy when I'm in the kitchen on sundays I think each one of us here at DC, is a lover of good foods, but mostly it's love of friends and family.

kadesma

Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Well, I, for one, think that you are a Star!
Sandyj
Old 07-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Sandy,
That is so nice of you. I'm just me, and I love to cook. It's my way of relaxing and enjoying things around me.

kadesma
Old 07-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
I think we would all agree that you produce some extraordinary meals on almost a daily basis.
Agreed! Thanks for all the awesome recipes you share with us.

I mentioned to Michelemarie once - "don't you wish Kadesma was your nieghbor!"

You RAWK Kadesma!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
Agreed! Thanks for all the awesome recipes you share with us.

I mentioned to Michelemarie once - "don't you wish Kadesma was your nieghbor!"

You RAWK Kadesma!
Thanks MJ,
You all are making me blush I love the exchange of recipes, fun,being able to lend a shoulder or give a pat on the back that is DC and each and every person who visitis here..If truth be known, I'd love having all of you as my neighbors We could sure have one heck of a block party
kadesma
Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #7
Master Chef

kads, would you like to have a 25-yr.-old new daughter named luvs? (you may change my name if you like.) your meals are similar to what we cook in Chef school! delicious!
p.s.- i have 2 felines, may my litttle babies accompany me? they behave really well, though they do meow more often than other felines.
i'll begin boxing my belongings & such. see ya soon, my 2nd Mom!
(my 1st Mom is excellent, yet to my dear Mom, 'gourmet' is ramen noodles.) (sorry, 1st Mom, & don't get too upset me if you see this. oodles of noodles are delicious? )
Old 07-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
kads, would you like to have a 25-yr.-old new daughter named luvs? (you may change my name if you like.) your meals are similar to what we cook in Chef school! delicious!
p.s.- i have 2 felines, may my litttle babies accompany me? they behave really well, though they do meow more often than other felines.
i'll begin boxing my belongings & such. see ya soon, my 2nd Mom!
(my 1st Mom is excellent, yet to my dear Mom, 'gourmet' is ramen noodles.) (sorry, 1st Mom, & please don't get too upset me if you see this. )
I would love a 25 year old daughter named Luvs, come join the gang and bring the kitties, we have 2 doxies Maggie my little old lady and now mom's Mollie, plus 3 cats, tigger,whiskers and midnight..We sould be a cozy well fed group And give mom #1 a big hug for me she's lucky to have a wonderful daughter..
kadesma
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #9
Master Chef

awwww, kads, see why we love you so?
um, one issue.... my male kitty is named tigger. he goes by 'tigs', though. don't want our felines to have any anger issues over whom is 'tigger'.
this aside,
i hug #1 Mom often. i love her dearly. 'cept those ramen noodles weren't quite fitting into her chef-to-be (Lord willing) daughter's dining requests.
i really would love to meet you one day, kads, i really would. whose to say? maybe we'll meet one of these days!
-luv, your internet kiddo, luvs
Old 07-12-2006, 01:30 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

luvs,
seems our two tiggers both go by tigs That's okay, one more to pet and love is what it's about. And yes maybe somedoay we might get a chance to meet. There are many here I'd go miles happily to meet. I'll gladly be your internet mom..it would be an honor.

kadesma