The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
lifetime gift certificate to Cafe du Monde for mish!

p.s. it's getting near to the time to resurrect that excellent pumpkin flan recipe you posted.

Oooh, la-la. Thanks, Mud. Never had a beignet so...

http://www.cafedumonde.com/beignetdemo.html

Equipment to make Beignets:

1. Box of Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix
2. Temperature Controlled Frying Pan?Frying Skillet works best
3. Fry Basket (to retrieve the finished Beignets)
4. Spoon (to stir the water and mix into a dough)
5. Mixing Bowl
6. Measuring Cup
7. Rolling Pin (to roll finished dough into a flat sheet)
8. Pizza Cutter (to cut dough into squares for frying)
9. Vegetable Oil?Louanna Cottonseed Oil is recommended
10. Powdered Sugar (to use as topping for finished Beignets)
11. Flour (to keep dough from sticking to rolling pin)
12. Water

The Cafe Du Monde Beignets have traditionally been served in orders of three, lavishly covered with powdered sugar.

NOTE: If the Beignets fail to puff up and remain flat, this is an indication the frying oil temperature is too low to properly cook the dough. Try using smaller pieces of dough (make a smaller Beignet) and let the fryer come back to temperature before cooking another batch. Fryer Temperature: 370 degrees farenheit! You may wish to consult our Beignet Making Tips.

Better, BD? Lost the pic. Oh, well.:)

Last edited:
mish darlin', you have not lived. You must have a beignet (actually, many, with some cafe au lait) before it's too late. Why did you not tell me this before?!

BigDog said:
Not viewable to the public/others outside staff?
Everyone can see it, and only one person has that much negative karma. I don't think they are with us anymore... don't bother asking who it was either.:LOL:

MJ said:
Everyone can see it, and only one person has that much negative karma. I don't think they are with us anymore... don't bother asking who it was either.:LOL:

Ask me no questions, I tell you no lies, eh?

Don't matter to me. Hopefully I'll never have to see that on my profile!

.......Looking around, pinching myself........Nope it wasn't me. I'm still here...:angel:

MJ said:
Click on Muds avatar and then look for the little green stones. Hover your mouse over them...

karma.png

Oh. But that's not very helpful. You, mudbug, mylegsbig, and I all have 5 green balls. One of the new kids has only one, so that's SOME differentiation. Any way to make it more informative? Otherwise, it's kind of a waste of time -- although it is nice to get kudos from someone.

FryBoy said:
Otherwise, it's kind of a waste of time -- although it is nice to get kudos from someone.

Like was said, it's not for everyone. It is what it is, and that's all that it is. It is more to some then others, and perhaps everything or nothing to the rest.

For me, I fall in the middle somewhere. It's kinda cool, but I don't get bent out of shape trying to give or receive karma. If given, t'is cool. I give some on occassion.

Catch is though, you have ti give to like 10 different people before you can regive to the first person.

FryBoy said:
Oh. But that's not very helpful. You, mudbug, mylegsbig, and I all have 5 green balls. One of the new kids has only one, so that's SOME differentiation. Any way to make it more informative? Otherwise, it's kind of a waste of time -- although it is nice to get kudos from someone.
Well it is not a competition so it should not matter how much someone else has. It is just for you to know how much you have.

When I give Karma, I usually respond to the post publicly as well. To me, Karma is given when someone goes above & beyond or tugs at my heartstrings in some way. There are several people here who have been very kind to me, more than once. It's a nice way to say a big THANK YOU for what someone's done or said.

Back
Top Bottom