Katie got some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Katie called me late yesterday afternoon. The mayor of their tiny town knew Buck, who was on the city council, and knowing Katie was a recent widow, brought 20 volunteers who spent 8 hours cleaning up the mess in her yard. It would have cost her thousands of dollars to hire that done.
She is very grateful, but this whole thing has been terribly traumatic for her.

She said to tell you all she is OK. Her cell phone is in need of a charge, however, so you may not be able to reach her.

Katie called me late yesterday afternoon. The mayor of their tiny town knew Buck, who was on the city council, and knowing Katie was a recent widow, brought 20 volunteers who spent 8 hours cleaning up the mess in her yard. It would have cost her thousands of dollars to hire that done.
She is very grateful, but this whole thing has been terribly traumatic for her.

She said to tell you all she is OK. Her cell phone is in need of a charge, however, so you may not be able to reach her.
Thanks Connie, I've been so worried about her..I tried several times to call but couldn't get through..Right now hearing her voice would be wonderful
cj

Kudos to the Mayor!! WOOHOO!!! It really helps to know someone!! I am so grateful that he saw her needing and jumped right on it!! {{{{{{{katie}}}}}}}

Thank goodness Katie got some help. I can't wait until she is able to join us again. I'm continuing to pray, and am thankful for the prayers that have been answered so far.

:)Barbara

I am so glad to hear this, though very concerned that she is still without power. I too miss her and would feel much better if she was "back here" safe and sound. Mega prayers coming your way Katie.

Thanks for the update. I have missed Katie around here and every day I wonder if she has power, if anyone is helping her, etc. KY is having a warm spell for the next several days and I hope this means the power companies can work faster to get the electric back on.

Darn - I missed her call last night - I was in one part of the town and my cell phone was in another!!!!! I'll try to call her later today and pass on some more news.

Knowing what it's like to clean up fallen trees (ours was Hurricane Isabel) it's a really big job. That's great that folks came out to help her. Anyone who talks to her, let her know we all still care very much and are patiently waiting to see her back here.

Yea, that's what I was thinking too. I was going to wait until later tonight...hoping she had found a place. Heck, it might be faster for her to ship her phone to one of us, we re-charge it, and send it back to her!!!!

Our local news just reported that 35,000 people in Western KY are still without power. Hopefully this little warm snap we've had will help them get the power on.

Our local news just reported that 35,000 people in Western KY are still without power. Hopefully this little warm snap we've had will help them get the power on.

Whether it's warm or cold, it just takes time. When we saw the power company trucks on OUR street we knew it was just a matter of hours! We watched them all over the neighborhood and THEN they were there!!!!

This is why we still keep an old-fashioned phone on hand. If we lose power, all we have to do is hook it into the phone jack...it requires no electricity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom