Kennedy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Did anyone watch this show last night? Had Robert Redford as one of the recepients. It was the first time I ever watched this and really surprised at how the actors have changed. They showed clips of their life and would never believe same people. Paul Newman also was there and hard to recognize. That is to me anyway. This takes no credit from the achievements they have made in their lives. As they said, only made our lives richer with what they have done. President Bush was swinging with the music. Didn't think he had emotions like he showed. Wonder if he plays instrument? Of course, his wife was the way she always is. Caroline Kennedy was there but I knew who she was. Oh, Tony Bennett looked the same. Maybe they had plastic surgery and Redford didn't. I just wonder how old Redford is. Sure looked great in a baseball uniform when he was young. Did anyone see the movie about a horse? Durn, I am lousy at remembering all details.

Horse Whisperer. That was a good one. I liked it. I don't think I saw anything about the Kennedy Awards, never even heard of them. Maybe they don't show them here in Canada.

i think you guys have the canadee awards... :rolleyes:

they give you a statue of a golden "A".

then everyone comes up to you and says, "that's some a, eh? did you see when they gave it to him, he cried, and kissed his a"...

ba dum dum...

Last edited:
Robert Redford

Horse Whisperer! Alix, you cry? I couldn't believe she left him, could you? Fool. What about the baseball one, you see it? Guess i have to ask around here if they can help me. Cried at that one too. He has such an innocent look. Still does. Thanks Alix. I forget that not everyone living where i do. sorry.

The Natural, I LOVED that one. I own it. I really liked the Horse Whisperer, but I was really rooting for her to go back to her husband. They needed to resolve all of that before she jumped into something new. LOL. I am such an old stick in the mud sometimes. No romance in my soul. But yes, I cried too!

Natural

Thank you, Alix! Natural so appropriate description of Robert Redford He doesn't seem like he worries too much about his looks. I could be wrong. how many times have you watched that movie this year? I just have never seen movie where wasn't a good one. I loved the movie with Paul Newman was that Sundance Kid? Did you get to see that? What about the part where he offered Demi Moore MILLION dollars to spend one night with her? did you get to see that? mmmmmmmmmmmmm At the Kennedy awards they showed part where they had to jump from side of mountain into a river and Redford said he would jump because he couldn't swim. Best part of that movie. buckytom, you are right the sun does affect most of us. But how can you avoid it? Redford so interested in environment. Not just a pretty boy.

A Million bucks to spend a night with Robert Redford....hmmmm. If I were not married to the hunkiest guy in town I would be all over that like jam on a bun. However...Ken would be a teensy bit irate I think. Although, with all the Christmas bills coming in, maybe he wouldn't mind so much. LOL.

ITK, did you see the one where he was a retiring spy who trained Brad Pitt? I can't remember the name of that one. Some CIA term I think...it will come to me later. I liked that one a lot. Well thought out plot and a good twist at the end.

The one with Demi was "Indecent Proposal" I would've loved to knock her lights out %$@%
The one with Brad Pitt was "Spy Game" Didn't see this one.

Save

I will have to save the comments here as I need it to remember what movies I am going to buy. Since I mentioned to the family that Alix has film with Robert Redford now they say they would like to get some themselves. I surely will buy some myself. Could look at those movies all the time. The one with Indescent Proposal (thanks to you texas) was a real mover for me. I had the whole story on my mind and felt like it was a dream. texas, I am happy you liked him in that one too. Alix, sounds like she is satisfied with her man, millions or not. He makes he happy. I will try to see the one Spy Game. texas you really got good memory. More of it in the coming year. You are blessed. I think this medicine I take plays with my memory. Have to depend on the group here to keep me from losing everything. Thanks to all. Also remember one with Barbara Streisand. Way We Were?

Last edited:
Alix said:
A Million bucks to spend a night with Robert Redford....hmmmm. If I were not married to the hunkiest guy in town I would be all over that like jam on a bun. However...Ken would be a teensy bit irate I think. Although, with all the Christmas bills coming in, maybe he wouldn't mind so much. LOL.

I'd be OK with just a little kiss in exchange for paying off the AMEX.

Back
Top Bottom