Kenya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prayers Please.

If you have been following the news, you probably know about the political/tribal clashes in Kenya at the moment following the recent elections in December. Things are going from bad to worse and no-one has any idea what will happen next. I am kindly asking you to pray and hope with me and Kenyans all over the world, that Kenya get to be the same stable country it once was. It will take a bit of time, but We all just want the fighting to stop. So many people have died, been displaced and traumatized.All my family are there, it's frightening. Please think of Kenya during this time.

I was wondering how you were doing. I have been following all thats going on in Kenya and will continue hoping that the violence will stop.

I hope you will post again soon and let us know how your family is doing.

Thanks for your prayers, My family is fine so far, my mum comes from the area of the opposition, she says she hears gunshots all day all night. One of my brother's and his wife and three children live with her in the same homestead.The other one lives in a relatively safe area. One of my sister's works in a hotel at the coast, but the hotels have closed down and she would like to go and be with my mum, but she cannot because of all the road blocks, and it's not safe to travel by road, my other two sisters are in Nairobi. I spoke to a friend who is Kenyan and lives in the US of A, he is a catholic priest and was there on holiday and just returned, he comes from my home area, he had spoken to the media and stayed up with the displaced a few nights listening to them and offering whatever he could, he said it is terrible. My aunt, a catholic nun found some kids and took them with her she said she couldn't leave them they were so frightened and the parents were nowhere to be seen, she took them in and asked the hospital where she works to provide a room for them even though she had no idea how she would feed them. Luckily out of the 12 she took with her, so far 5 have been re-united with their parents.The youngest of the kids she still has is a year old. It's tragic out there.

oh Jikoni, I have thought about you since the recent eruption of violence in Kenya. Thanks for reporting in. Yes, prayers are being sent for a peaceful resolution to this issue.

Jikoni, I can't imagine what a terrifying time this is for you and your family. I'll be sure to keep you all in my thoughts.

Hey Hya I have been thinking of you ever since the strife erupted. I sincerely hope with all my heart your family and friends will remain safe (I know it's hard to say considering where your mum lives...), this trouble will some how be put to end and Kenya returning to the beautiful country that it has always been and all your people find the peace they desperately need and deserve.

As I have been doing for some time, all my best wishes are being dished out to Kenya and its people!

Hi Everyone greetings from Nairobi Kenya.We have been here for two weeks already. Been busy sampling my mum's cooking to go online:chef:. Kids are having a great time with their relatives, it's great. It's quite relaxing. We will be here for another two weeks. Will spend the last week at the coast. Sending you all lovely temperate weather from Nairobi to warm your hearts....and kitchens!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom