Keys bracing for IKE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
Yesterday the mandatory evac-ed tourists & guests.
Today, residents.
Still, no one knows where he's going yet.
MSNBC just showed winds on Provenciales, Turks, & Caicos.
Here we go again. I think I'll get wind & rain, but not direct hit. But I've had enough this year! Good Luck, ya'll.

Location in the state of Florida

I can imagine, man its just one after another for you guys! ButI'm glad it's not been as bad as feared each time!

:ohmy: There was a tornado in Allentown, Pa. which is 45 min. from me. It is unusual to have a tornado . Thankfully, it did not come to where I live.

Just checking back after a very long day. Looks like we dodged another one, but that always means - Who'll be next?
Looks like Hanna didn't do too much either, thank God.

After living through 6 typhoons in Japan You have my deepest sympathy they are nothing to mess with. Prayers and good thought coming your way

Now Texas is bracing, hard. At least we're not looking at a 4 or 5, but, it's big. Once it makes landfall in Galveston, we will get the rain and wind. It's projected to go north through kaufman county and hunt county. I'm in hunt county, just south of Greenville. At least we will get some much needed rain, but, I'm not liking the idea of tornadoes in the forecast as a possibility!! I'm praying hard for all that have homes down South and ones that have, for some reason, decided to forgo evacuating. My sisters dad and stepmom are under mandatory evac in Orange county. They are driving up today, nothing like the last minute, huh? They did the same with Rita a few years back. To all in the way, I pray all will be well when it's over!!!

img_682854_0_e871640a2b835538ee14a88d4716b7c2.jpg

Looking at the sattelite pic at noon today, looks like an alien about to take a bite out of Texas. That is my son's words, lol.

img_682943_0_e50e31a948ad21ce84056b34386a15cf.jpg

They seriously need to revamp that Cat rating system. Something THAT big should get a bigger rating than a 2 just based on size. That thing is crazy big and will strike two COUNTRIES at one time. Seriously, that thing deserves to be called more than a Cat 2.

I just saw on the weather channel that the eye of Ike is 57 miles across!!! That's a big freakin' storm.

I have been watching CNN all day - this will be one bad Boy ! They are saying Ike will be 900 miles across !! scares me to death for all the people in its path that have not left - :ohmy: God be with all !!

I have been watching CNN all day - this will be one bad Boy ! They are saying Ike will be 900 miles across !! scares me to death for all the people in its path that have not left - :ohmy: God be with all !!

And there are a LOt of them that didn't leave and now have to wait it out because the Coast Guard couldn't get to them. They were able to get a bunch, but, not all.
There is also a freighter out there with 22 people that have to wait it out that are in the direct path of Ike. Their engines went down and by the time the Coast Guard got to them, the winds were too high and they were unable to land on the ship or get them off. They are hoping that the winds will carry them in enough to drop anchor. I pray for them all!!

Yeah-that thing looks like a monster!! We only get tornadoes here in Nebraska-hide in the basement,a minute or two of terror and then its gone.

I was in Puerto Rico in the mid 90's and the very edge of Hurricane caught us in San Juan. That was plenty scary for me!! I can't imagine how terrifying being in the middle of one must be!

Good luck and God Bless all of you in harms way!

:) Alot of the ones that have decided to ride out this monster have been told to magic marker their names and social security numbers on their arms as they could very well perish in this storm because when it hits there will be no rescues for them. I think they are being stupid and most that have been interviewed have been drinking beer or other strong beverage since this morning. I don't care how many batteries, ice etc you stock up when this sucker hits those things wont save your life. The storm surge is expected to be 15-20 feet in Galveston and yet some think they will be able to ride it out, nothing like beer etc in the morning to make think you are ten feet tall and hurricane proof.:wacko::wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom