KFC UK Unleashes the Dirty Louisiana sandwich...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the idea is a po-boy, they put too much stuff on it. Hash browns???

Popeyes has a good po-boy.

CD

Okay. About replicating KFC chicken, who here does pressure cooking with oil in order to get KFC taste? Noone.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, kleenex.

Subway has a corner on the market in that they bake their own bread. KFC has a corner on the market in that they pressure cook their chicken in oil under pressure.

I'm not ready to give up fast food drive thrus.

Last edited:
There are NO KFC's in the city, only PopeYes. We have to travel to any suburb for KFC. Yes, it probably has to do more with who owns which franchises, but the market demarcations looks strange.

There are NO KFC's in the city, only PopeYes. We have to travel to any suburb for KFC. Yes, it probably has to do more with who owns which franchises, but the market demarcations looks strange.

Popeye's is more of an urban franchise. You will find them in the burbs -- I have one about a mile from home -- but their menu is definitely not Chick-fil-A.

BTW, I can't figure out why people love Chick-fil-A. Bland with a capital "B" and four bucks for a piece of chicken on a bun with two pickles? Seriously? Don't get me started on those waffle-looking pieces of unseasoned cardboard they call fries.

I do like some things at KFC. If I have limited time to grab lunch, I'll take their chicken tenders over a lot of fast food. Their battered tater-fries are pretty good, too, even if they are fat, sodium and cholesterol bombs.

CD

Back
Top Bottom