Kid Nation on CBS, who watched it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Religion certainly is a touchy subject and it was really nice of the whole group to decide on the bibles instead of the mini golf course.
Don't forget it wasn't just bibles, but a variety of religious books covering several religions. I didn't like that the adults (through the use of the "old" diary) forced the issue of religion on them. I am glad though, that after the big blow-up at the town meeting, the kids finally settled down and were able to talk about it.

Taylor definitely needs to be told off. I have a feeling that when they hold the elections next week, she will be off the council.

I also think that now may be the time to bring John Smith's advice, from the founding of Jamestown, into play: If you don't work, you don't eat. Taylor and a few others are getting away with not doing anything because so far there are no consequences. I have a feeling that will change.

:)Barbara

I almost forgot--After the pizza uproar last week, I think they did the right thing in letting the others vote on the books and the mini-golf course. I was surprised and pleased that they made the choice they did.

Taylor will probably start doing some major work if she gets booted off the town council.

I was a bit surprised they took the bibles as well. My hand would have been up for the Mini Golf.

Another quality episode of the show.

I liked the idea of elections. I do not know what was so bad about Mike from the red team??

The green team rocks without the need for an election.

Taylor got the boot, but somehow got four votes??? Was a nice looser, but the preview for next weeks show does not show her as a nice girl.

Could have been a mixup on the challenge this week with the yellow team.

The town council made the right choice with the dental care supplies. Sure all the meat was nice, but not the best choice.

Greg winning the gold star was a great choice. I still think he is going to contribute to the whole town and team.

Anjay almost shot himself down before the election, saying things like "don't talk about her while I'm holding this" [knife]. That was definitely over the top. He cannot take the tiniest bit of criticism without going overboard sometimes. I was kind of surprised he held onto his position.

I'm glad at least one of the girls on the yellow team voted for the right reasons and not just because Taylor let them sleep late and get away with doing no work.

I was glad Greg got the gold star. I hope he doesn't decide he can go back to his old ways, but I think he has matured a lot since the beginning.

I don't know how much longer they will be there, but if they are there long enough, it would be kind of neat for them to get a greenhouse and grow some vegetables--some grow fairly quickly. Since they have had some pretty cold days, including at least one day of snow, I'm sure it wasn't prime growing season. Growing some vegetables would give them a little more to do, as well as giving them some fresh food.

I won't say anything about the show yet, since everyone hasn't had a chance to see it, but I think tonight's episode was the best yet. :cool:

Well I saw the show last night and thought Taylor was a complete idiot. Leila did very little work as well.

Taylor was a total drag the whole show. Almost all the kids want to work and make the town a better place.

I do not blame the Town Council at all for the punishments they handed out to Taylor. She is not getting much love at all from people online today.

I was jumping for joy at the weekly challenge this week.

The Town Council makes the right choice again. At least this time it was for food, much needed food.

The right person again gets the gold star. Taylor sure was hated by some people at the Town Hall Meeting.

I wonder how the parents feel about what Taylor did on the show last night???

Why did she get to go on the show????

I completely agree. It was the last 10 minutes of the show that made it the best (for me), but I couldn't say that last night before everyone saw it! I was really glad they convinced him to stay, but not just because of the money. He (I can't remember his name, he goes by initials--DK?) does more for the town than a lot of the kids and really has a good heart.

I would not shed a single tear if they got rid of Taylor. I think if DK [?--the gold star winner] had not told everyone to leave her alone, Taylor might have gone home. I have wondered the same thing about her parents. Are they ashamed of how she behaved or are they rooting her on in her nastiness?

I was glad Leila finally did help with the trash, but she was still lazy and supportive of Taylor's laziness most of the show. I hope they stick to their guns as far as not paying them if they don't do the job they were assigned to do.

I really wasn't surprised they took the vegetables and fruits as their reward. They had already been wishing they had some.

Great episode last night!

I'm almost wondering if Taylor is an actor put in the show to add excitement... she's just so bratty!!!

No kid is that good an actor! LOL Seriously, I think she is spoiled and has probably seen a little too much TV (We've all seen the sitcoms where a beauty queen says she can't do something because she is a beauty queen). I also know a few kids who really are that bratty. It almost always goes back to the parenting (or lack of parenting).

:huh:Barbara

Me too! I think my daughter would have actually done very well on that show when she was a kid (she just turned 28). I, on the other hand, would not have done well at all. I was a very timid child with no self-esteem at all.

I've said it during every show and will say it again: They need to do a 10-year followup with these kids. I'd love to see a "where are they now" kind of show. I'd love to find out what they learned and what they took home with them.

I love this show as does my 15 yr old daughter (she wants to be on it). I agree Taylor attitude is terrible and I would kill one of my kids if they said they were to good for a job. Even if they are being influenced by producers, with that many kids in an abandoned town you can't predict everything and i think the kids are ultimately learning to deal with everyday issues that adults face. I think its making them think about things instead of vegging out in front of a TV. Greg, i think at the start was just trying to act big and bad because he's older, he is now thinking of the town

I've said it during every show and will say it again: They need to do a 10-year followup with these kids. I'd love to see a "where are they now" kind of show. I'd love to find out what they learned and what they took home with them.
I agree! I remember that teacher's experiment in Iowa when I was a kid, about racism. They did a follow-up years later on the news or one of the news-magazine shows. It was very interesting.

Last edited:
I haven't seen all the episodes (working evenings sucks!) but I saw this one and to me, Taylor just acts like many of the overindulged kids I see all the time. DK is a bastion of good sense and deserves all the good things he gets. There it one kid on there who scares me a bit, is his name Anjay? The kid who was holding the door so Taylor couldn't leave. Um...he is a very large bully in training, and the kind of person I can see being part of a scary mob. Yikes.

In the UK they did this:

7 Up - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

I wonder after the Kid Nation season is over they are going to bring all the kids back for a reunion type show with the parents. It would be interesting.

The kid that got the gold star this week was DK.

Anjay to me will never become a bully.

If you go to the CBS website for this show I believe all the shows for this season are viewable online.

Last edited:
Anjay is too much of a wuss to be a bully. He tries very hard to be aggressive/forceful/authoritative at times, but his body language says, "I'm scared of you." Just watch the way he cringes and shies when Taylor gets all ninja psycho on him. He's very passive. He tries to show off for the others, but is obviously intimidated by someone who is truly forceful.

I agree that Anjay is a wuss, but I worry about some of his reactions. Like last week, when he was working in the kitchen and someone mentioned the girl who was running against him for town council. He said (not in a joking way), "Don't mention her name while I'm holding this" [knife]. He is afraid of everything, and he is upset that everyone doesn't drop everything to listen to him. I hope he matures and doesn't continue the way he is as he gets older. Because of his fear, he tends not to think things through first, and to go over the top with his reactions.

:huh:Barbara

One thing I liked about this weeks episode that I did not mention yet was Greg taking a monster dive into the Beans. That was soooooo good.

Back
Top Bottom