"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #21
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
Religion certainly is a touchy subject and it was really nice of the whole group to decide on the bibles instead of the mini golf course.
Don't forget it wasn't just bibles, but a variety of religious books covering several religions. I didn't like that the adults (through the use of the "old" diary) forced the issue of religion on them. I am glad though, that after the big blow-up at the town meeting, the kids finally settled down and were able to talk about it.

Taylor definitely needs to be told off. I have a feeling that when they hold the elections next week, she will be off the council.

I also think that now may be the time to bring John Smith's advice, from the founding of Jamestown, into play: If you don't work, you don't eat. Taylor and a few others are getting away with not doing anything because so far there are no consequences. I have a feeling that will change.

Barbara

Old 10-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I almost forgot--After the pizza uproar last week, I think they did the right thing in letting the others vote on the books and the mini-golf course. I was surprised and pleased that they made the choice they did.

Barbara

Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Taylor will probably start doing some major work if she gets booted off the town council.

I was a bit surprised they took the bibles as well. My hand would have been up for the Mini Golf.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Another quality episode of the show.

I liked the idea of elections. I do not know what was so bad about Mike from the red team??

The green team rocks without the need for an election.

Taylor got the boot, but somehow got four votes??? Was a nice looser, but the preview for next weeks show does not show her as a nice girl.

Could have been a mixup on the challenge this week with the yellow team.

The town council made the right choice with the dental care supplies. Sure all the meat was nice, but not the best choice.

Greg winning the gold star was a great choice. I still think he is going to contribute to the whole town and team.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #25
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Anjay almost shot himself down before the election, saying things like "don't talk about her while I'm holding this" [knife]. That was definitely over the top. He cannot take the tiniest bit of criticism without going overboard sometimes. I was kind of surprised he held onto his position.

I'm glad at least one of the girls on the yellow team voted for the right reasons and not just because Taylor let them sleep late and get away with doing no work.

I was glad Greg got the gold star. I hope he doesn't decide he can go back to his old ways, but I think he has matured a lot since the beginning.

I don't know how much longer they will be there, but if they are there long enough, it would be kind of neat for them to get a greenhouse and grow some vegetables--some grow fairly quickly. Since they have had some pretty cold days, including at least one day of snow, I'm sure it wasn't prime growing season. Growing some vegetables would give them a little more to do, as well as giving them some fresh food.

Barbara
Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #26
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I won't say anything about the show yet, since everyone hasn't had a chance to see it, but I think tonight's episode was the best yet.

Barbara
Old 10-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Well I saw the show last night and thought Taylor was a complete idiot. Leila did very little work as well.

Taylor was a total drag the whole show. Almost all the kids want to work and make the town a better place.

I do not blame the Town Council at all for the punishments they handed out to Taylor. She is not getting much love at all from people online today.

I was jumping for joy at the weekly challenge this week.

The Town Council makes the right choice again. At least this time it was for food, much needed food.

The right person again gets the gold star. Taylor sure was hated by some people at the Town Hall Meeting.

I wonder how the parents feel about what Taylor did on the show last night???

Why did she get to go on the show????
Old 10-25-2007, 06:53 PM   #28
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I completely agree. It was the last 10 minutes of the show that made it the best (for me), but I couldn't say that last night before everyone saw it! I was really glad they convinced him to stay, but not just because of the money. He (I can't remember his name, he goes by initials--DK?) does more for the town than a lot of the kids and really has a good heart.

I would not shed a single tear if they got rid of Taylor. I think if DK [?--the gold star winner] had not told everyone to leave her alone, Taylor might have gone home. I have wondered the same thing about her parents. Are they ashamed of how she behaved or are they rooting her on in her nastiness?

I was glad Leila finally did help with the trash, but she was still lazy and supportive of Taylor's laziness most of the show. I hope they stick to their guns as far as not paying them if they don't do the job they were assigned to do.

I really wasn't surprised they took the vegetables and fruits as their reward. They had already been wishing they had some.

Great episode last night!

Barbara
Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'm almost wondering if Taylor is an actor put in the show to add excitement... she's just so bratty!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #30
Traveling Welcome Wagon

No kid is that good an actor! LOL Seriously, I think she is spoiled and has probably seen a little too much TV (We've all seen the sitcoms where a beauty queen says she can't do something because she is a beauty queen). I also know a few kids who really are that bratty. It almost always goes back to the parenting (or lack of parenting).

Barbara