"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Kid Nation on CBS, who watched it?

I thought it was one of the best reality TV shows to come out in while.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
I thought it was one of the best reality TV shows to come out in while.
I'd never even heard of it before watching a scant few minutes on the view this morning. Had to turn it off after not being able to stomach WG anymore. EH was talking about the show and it did look like something worth watching.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
I'd never even heard of it before watching a scant few minutes on the view this morning. Had to turn it off after not being able to stomach WG anymore. EH was talking about the show and it did look like something worth watching.
Sure it is worth watching. The kids so far are getting along really great.

A quickie check at the CBS website has a Saturday at 8pm time slot for a replay of the first show.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #4
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I liked it too. For the first 10 minutes I thought they were going to just argue and fight the whole time, but they got it together pretty quickly. For anyone who hasn't seen it and is planning on watching it Saturday, just stop reading my post here because I don't want to give anything away. I will type the rest in white, so if you want to see it, just highlight from here to my signature: I thought the 8-year-old was probably right to go home. He was mature enough to realize that he wasn't able to handle it. He was sure a sweetie! I can't remember his name, but the one 15-year-old boy has not been very nice--it should be interesting to see how he acts next week, now that he knows about the star! When the one girl said, "I'm a beauty queen, I don't do dishes," I wanted to slap her with a dishrag! No, I guess I really wanted to slap her parents (or whoever raised her to have that attitude) with the dishrag! I was proud of the kids for choosing the out-houses over the TV.

Barbara
Old 09-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Well the second episode was special. They killed some chickens.

They were oh so close for the fourth group winning the challenge and getting a choice of a massive water slide or lots a watter pumps.

Will the third episode be one where it all goes downhill for the group????
Old 09-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
Head Chef

I'm not a fan of kids today (huge understatement), however, I am fascinated by this show.

As one might expect, some of the older kids are stepping up to do what's necessary for the "town" to survive. And some of the younger kids are not, for various reasons. The "middle-aged" kids are the most interesting, I think.

The show is a lot better than what I expected.

Lee
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Traveling Welcome Wagon

From the previews it looks like the yellow team is finally going to do some work next week. I hope so. With their "I don't care" attitude, the other teams are getting pretty fed up and I don't blame them. The other kids were right, the yellow team's bad attitudes have nothing do do with being the youngest. They are following the lead of "Miss Priss" and they need to figure out quick that she is going to ruin their group. I was glad Michael won the $20,000. He was working for the right reasons, while Greg was just trying to win the money. From the previews it looks like Greg is going to blow it next week. If he could have just kept up the hard work he might have still had a shot at the money, since some wanted to give it to him.

Barbara
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Michael could have won the money last week, but did not.

Greg may be doing this for the money, but he did say he wanted the money for college.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
Sous Chef

I watched it and liked it also

I only saw the first eppie (I think that the best part of the eppie was when the girl [don't remember her name] wanted the bike so she started dancing for it)

you say the killed some chickens in the second episode?? I certainly never thought that they would make them kill their own meat
good for them for doing it!

ps, thank god they took the outhouses instead of the tv, having that around would kind of make the whole thing pointless.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl View Post
you say the killed some chickens in the second episode?? I certainly never thought that they would make them kill their own meat
good for them for doing it!
They didn't make them kill the chickens. It was offered as a choice (in the "old" book that gives them tips on survival). I thought it was actually handled very well and I was proud of the kids.

Barbara