Kids' party food ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Hi All! Does anyone have some ideas on party food for 6 year olds? I'm planning to serve pizza (which is what my son wants) but I'd like to serve some side dishes with it. Also, I expect at least 30 parents and would like to prepare a dish for them as well. I'm sticking to a budget so any inexpensive recipes/ideas would be appreciated.

Those Nathan hotdogs wrapped in pastry are good and kids love them. You can make them yourself (much cheaper).

This is a great tip......let each kid (and parent) make their own ice cream sundae. Put out maybe 3 flavors of ice cream and dishes of toppings, such as, jimmies, M&M's, cherries, crushed up oreos, bananas, whipped cream, etc. It will be a hit, trust me.

If my 7 year old is any kind of barometer, Pizza is perfect, and JMT's idea for the sundae bar is genius. If you don't want to mess with that, "fudgie the whale" (and other Ice cream cakes of that ilk) never disappoints.

If your expecting 30 parents, I can only assume there will be a proportianate number of 6 year olds in attendance. So for the adults, how about a keg of beer and about 4 bottles of Jagermeister?:LOL:

Thanks you all. I'm going with your idea of pigs-in-a-blanket along with the pizza. I'll make an Italian lasagna for the adults with a large green salad. Birthday cake for dessert topped with ice cream.

Since you're doing a pizza anyway, why not prepare dough in "personal sizes for kids and have all types of fixings prepared and let them put their own together - like the sundae bar. It will keep them busy and they could do sundaes while pies are baking.
What's better than desert before the meal?
And it is a party. That qualifies breaking all the rules.

Bread Sticks with Cheese
Cinnamon Sticks
Garlic Sticks
All Kinds of Veggie Sticks With a Ranch Dip
French toast Sticks
Rice Chex Mix With Pretzels
Cheese Sticks
Beef Jerky
Fresh Fruit, sliced up
Pizza Sticks
Pop Corn
Ant's on a Log >>>> Celery Stick with Peanut Butter & Raisins
Chocolate Covered Raisins
Mixed Nuts
Flour Tortilla with Peanut Butter & Jelly and Rolled up

I think you can make pizza at your home make small base for children & large for adults this will help you & i think if you make pizza at home that would be the cheapest thing.
You can serve hot chocolates if the budget suits you .
any ways Happy Birthday To your Child from my side may god bless you both & may your child get whatever he wants.

All of the ideas posted are great. I just wanted to add my daughter's favorite, french fries and chicken fingers.

For the fingers you can use chicken bereast sliced into long strips, salt and pepper to taste, dust with flour, egg wash, then into the breadcrumb and cornmeal mix with a couple of teaspoons of your favorite grill seasoning. My youngin will eat till she is stuffed.

When I make party for my kids I ususally make lasagna for parents. Always goes well. Also kids always love mack and cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom