"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Master Chef

Killer Cat!

I was sitting her earlier and out of the corner of my eye what do I see a little critter scurring across my floor. I immediately sprung into action and activated a mousetrap with a tasty cheese morsel. I quietly sat it on the floor in the spare room and closed the door. Oh how smart I was and even proceeded to think of putting duct tape upside down on the outside of the door where the gap is at the floor......thinking like a man and making my own makeshift sticky trap.

Hours passed no sound. Went to get our littlest from school and when he went to go into the spare room he stopped seeing the tape I laughed and stepped into the room explaining I was trying to catch a mouse but darn it still no mouse .....thats when Dillon proceeded to tell me, "Yes there is its behind you".........SHREEEKKKKKKK!!!!! Sure enough and it scurred behind a dresser. I wasn't taking no for an answer it was time for it to vacate the premisses. I proceeded to grab my fat cat.............a female Garfield but only gray and white.....her name is Trinket. I closed the door and proceeded to get everything up off the floor thinking ahhhhhh haaaaaa now we're talking no where to escape. I ended up cornering it and went to grab the cat.....who by the way was looking at me like I'd lost my mind.......when I went to put the cat down I realized the mouse was gone and drats.......a hole in the wall.........errrrrrrrrrrr!

I grab the duct tape cover the hole and run to the next room.......its run into another room thats not finished in the remodeling process.......needless to say here I went again trying to get everything up off the floor. To my excitment I saw it and saw that Trinket did to and that she was taking off after it. Well that excitment lasted all of a few seconds because Trinket casually flopped on her side with a look of, "If you want it your going to have to get it yourself".

Well I got it cornered into an old closet and grabbed the mousetrap and then grabbed the cat thinking one of them surely will save me.........well as you can see from the picture it sure wasn't either one of them.

Ultimately, I grabbed a clear plastic shoe box and lid and coaxed the little critter...... who by the way looked like it was about to have a heart attack after the godzilla of cats was staring it down. I got it in the shoebox and felt so sorry for it by now that Dillon and I took it outside and let it go. Surely it won't be stupid enough to come in and come face to face with one of the most scary and ferocious cats there ever was

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Killer Cat..........all Mice Beware.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2144  

Old 11-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
That cat needs to be HUNGRY before it's going to catch a mouse! lol That is some cat! What a story - I can just see you running around trying to stay one step ahead of the mouse! lol I have a sneaky feeling that that mouse will be back though - probably a new playmate for the cat!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Hahaha I'm sorry Sizz but that's kind of cute.
She is a big cat though lol.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
Everymom

ROFLMAO!! Poor little mousie. (I'd have let it go too Sizz. I can kill them if I don't see them, or if the cats get them, but if I have to dispatch them they get to go free. LOL)
Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
that is hilarious!! gotta love that look on the cat's face, of utter boredom and disdain with the whole proceedings...
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
DC Grandma

Wasabi...you are so kool..

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
Sous Chef

LMAO _ I bet he not only comes back but brings all his friends as well!!!!! ROTF
Old 11-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
Master Chef

Great thats all I need is my own Stuart Little and Family. Next thing I know I'll wake up and they'll be snuggled up on Trinket.....
Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
Sous Chef

SizzlininIN - Better stock up on the cheese when you go shopping!!