Killing Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
:ROFLMAO: I used to be shy. So says my wife. I used to be quiet. So says my wife. (I'll never know where she got any of those ideas from. When I was but 4 tender years old, I remember walking around at homes my parents would visit and asking if anyone wanted to hear me sing "Daisy". "Ham on the Streets" has nothing on me!) I used to spend most of my time on DC trying to help others with cooking questions, and learn from others when I had questions.

I almost think we need to have another site, aside from DC, where people can do what everyone does so well on this site. The last couple of months have drawn from me more than an occasional chuckle. I am so entertained by the off-topic threads, that I have to force myself to participate in what this site is all about, the love of all things food, be it preperation, care of tools and appliances, or the creative recipes that are thought up, or derived from the talented and wonderful cooks around here.

Alix, Bucky, Katie, Buck, Jkath, Wasabi... and the list goes on, you are turning out to be as creative with the humor as you are in the kitchen. Ya make me smile, and that's not done by a lot of proffesional comedians.

You may be whacky, but I'm lovin' all of ya for it.:mrgreen: Your list of cookbooks that won't ever be written, especially has some good stuff in it, including some virtual highjinks by the master, my freind and I would almost say personality twin (except he doesn't lecture so much) Buckytom.

Tommorrow morning, I think I'm going to get up very early so I can contribute something of worth to this site. Don't know what it will be yet, but it will have something to do with cooking, and hopefully helping someone.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Goodweed... you alway make me smile.... and these days that's worth a million dollars and 10 million hugs!

Good for you for saying this Goodweed. These sites can become part of the fabric of our lives, and it seems to me the Mods. etc here know that. This is not always so, as some of you will have found, in other places and other times. But the DC peeps are quite tops. Both management and contributers.

Okay, Goodweed, as long as you're going to get philosophical on us, allow me to indulge in an inquiry. I've continued to be fascinated by your name. Exactly what weed do you call the "goodweed?" Could it be (heaven forbid) the same weed that our friend Willie Nelson is famous for being an aficionado of? Or is it perhaps some much more tame and inocuous reference?
Just wondering.......
All the best,
Buck

Thank you, Goodweed, I've only been here a short time and have felt welcomed and part of the DC family. You, my dear, are part of why I feel that way. Keep being just who you are. And, maybe I make you smile because I need to smile, too. God's speed!:LOL: :)

buck, let me save you an afternoon.

i was a small kid, yadda yadda, but grew like a weed, yadda yadda, and i'm a youper from way up in the north, yadda yadda.
<<7 pages condensed>>

and here i am...

g.w.: how's that, bro? lol, just kidding. i'm honored to be called your twin. more like your evil twin, but that's ok. i'm still in good company.

and don't ever doubt we don't love you g.w., just the way you are.

buckytom said:
buck, let me save you an afternoon.

i was a small kid, yadda yadda, but grew like a weed, yadda yadda, and i'm a youper from way up in the north, yadda yadda.
<<7 pages condensed>>

and here i am...

g.w.: how's that, bro? lol, just kidding. i'm honored to be called your twin. more like your evil twin, but that's ok. i'm still in good company.

and don't ever doubt we don't love you g.w., just the way you are.

Ha! You crack me up bro. And your close, so very close. I was always told by my Dad, "One of these days, you're gonna shoot up like a bad weed."

I never shot up, and reached only a staggering 5'6" tall. So, as I'm not a bad weed, I must be (drum roll please) Goodweed of the North (the Great Lakes Region, Lake Superior to be exact, on the Canadian Border should be sufficient to qualify me as a Northerner, even though those pesky Bronx Bombers call themselves the "Yankees" :-p).

Now see, it didn't take me an afternoon to type this in. But don't worry Bucky, I'm sure there will be some topic soon that gets my phillisophical and long-winded approach to writing up and running. I'll write a multi-pager just for you.:wacko: Touche'!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the Nroth

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom