Kitchen Countertop Decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
So I was cleaning my kitchen countertops this morning and as I was putting stuff back I wondered what all of you keep on your kitchen countertops.

Do you have appliances or decorations or both?

I have a microwave, stand mixer, toaster, my tool crock and 3 canisters. The only thing I have that might be considered decoration is a mini shopping cart where I keep my can koozies.

I have a small flat screen tv in the corner, a large hand carved wooden hen sitting on a nest, a paper towel holder, an orchid plant in bloom next to the sink. On the other side of the sink is my knife holder,
a rooster cutting board on a stand, a red enameled CI gill pan with fruit in it and a kitchen candle.
On either side of my stove is the toaster oven, a coffee pot and also a rooster container that holds cooking tools.

Interesting idea for a thread, Mrs!

I have mostly appliances and tools and some of my dried herbs and spices. I also have a lazy Susan to the left of the stove with evoo, s&p, and vinegars. On the peninsula, I have a fruit basket, knife block, mortar & pestle and cutting board. On another counter, I have my KitchenAid, a bread basket and a cookbook in a pretty holder. On yet another counter is our charging area for phones and tablets, a napkin holder containing takeout menus, and another thing holding pens, pencils and markers. Finally, another one with a mini wine rack and a flat-screen TV. That's pretty much all :)

Mostly just appliances that are either used often or are too large to move in and out of cabinets. An Italian coffee machine, Breville Juicer, and Cuisinart FP. I also have a utensil caddy, and a few fancy bottles of oil and vinegar.

Way too much! No decorations, appliances like blender, FP, meat grinder, along with knife block, utensil baskets, a basket for oils and vinegars, cannisters for sugar, etc., and a couple cutting boards. On the other side of the stove reside the toaster and Keurig.

Last edited:
Does junk count? I keep the microwave, coffee pot and toaster oven on the counter. I have a wooden cutting board beside the stove. 2 utensil crocks. Wooden bowl (supposed to hold fruit but often collects little bits of things instead). And junk. DH comes home and everything gets dumped on the counter. I gave him a desk box on the end for him to put his stuff in but it overflows onto the whole counter. If it's a flat surface (like counters and tables) it's covered with stuff. I can usually keep the area around the stove clear. Thankfully I have a ceramic top stove and use it for prep area a lot since DH doesn't take it over!

My kitchen counter is 41 inches long, total.

The only thing normally on it is an old blue and white Staffordshire sugar bowl with lions heads for handles and no lid. I fill it with whisks, wooden spoons etc.

I do have my share of stuff on a couple of floor to ceiling bookcases, sort of a let it all hang out hippie style decor! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Near the stove are a couple old crocks with wooden spoons, larger utensils. Dish drainer usually sits near the sink, never gets put away. Toaster, coffee pot, several cutting boards leaning in a corner. On a 3rd counter are a few knick knack things, a an antique bowl that coupons get tossed in and seldom retrieved. Around the corner going into the eating area is the microwave. I don't use it too often.

We have our kettle, the tea, coffee and sugar ceramic canisters, a couple of Italian men (figures), the fruit bowl and a recipe book stand :)

We try not to have too much clutter around

All the electrical appliances are in cupboards and the pantry ;)

I have 48 inches of counter space...12 inches on both sides of the stove and 12 inches on both sides of the sink. Cutting bord on left of stove, utensils and toaster on the right. Dish drainer on left of sink with my thin plastic cutting boards, on the right is the Brita water thingy.

I have a small flat screen tv in the corner, a large hand carved wooden hen sitting on a nest, a paper towel holder, an orchid plant in bloom next to the sink. On the other side of the sink is my knife holder,
a rooster cutting board on a stand, a red enameled CI gill pan with fruit in it and a kitchen candle.
On either side of my stove is the toaster oven, a coffee pot and also a rooster container that holds cooking tools.

Interesting idea for a thread, Mrs!

That is pretty cool that you have a TV in your kitchen Kayelle :)

You can see our TV in the lounge from the kitchen and dining area :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom