Kitchen Fun - Sharing a Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Wanted to share a pic of the kitchen mural I ordered. They're peal 'n stick decals(?) that go over each of the kitchen tiles (backsplash). Forgot most of my high school French (except for where is the library :LOL:) ... is the translation The Kitchen/Dining of Moulin?

is02709we.jpg

I'm putting them over the boring white tiles behind the kitchen backsplash. But think you could find other creative ideas for them as welll. So glad you guys liked 'em. Less expensive than doing some major renovatons. Wish I'd thought of it. At first I looked on ebay & followed some links to berlinwallpaper.com & Ideastix (hope I got that right). Any creative folks out there...wondering if we could come up with some ideas and make them ourselves? You just peel them & stick 'em up on each tile. Also looked at wallies (but didn't find anything interesting.) You can stick 'em on shower tiles etc. Here' s another I was thinking about. (See what you think.)

is0051x4qw.jpg

That was my first choice too, Middie. :) (But the first one looks like they take mastercard & American express (small sign in the window) :LOL: Decisions, decisions. I'm really excited. Can't wait.

Just printed it out on an 8 x 10 sheet of paper. Going to experiement with some more kitchen art ideas...maybe frame it?

Last edited:
It would be a hard decision - I initially chose the first one - but the second one's not bad either...especially for a Mediterranean theme.

It's a tough decision to make!!!!

The second one is so crisp and clean looking. Looks like it would really brighten up the kitchen. That's a great idea.

Wasabi, bet that would look beautiful in your Hawaiian Paradise. There are some lovely (cheap) tile murals at the sites I mentioned. Take a peek & see what you think. There's another with lemons & flowers & a beach theme too.

Mish,

I'll run against the tide here, cause I love the first one, with the colors in my kitchen that one would be perfect...The other is nice as well, but number one really makes me want to get some...Your kitchen is going to be beautiful
kadesma:)

I like them both, but the first one's more my style. What a nice idea! Thanks for the tip, I'm definately going to check this out. Sandyj ;)

That is a great site. The problem would be deciding which one would look the best. I love the basket of white flowers and also the sunflower and lemons as well as all the rest.

Kitchen Update

Wanted to let everyone know, the kitchen backsplash looks so pretty, and only took a few minutes to do. Here's a link to ideas I wanted to share with you guys. (I have some bamboo/rattan curtains on one window & toying with the idea of some beaded gems for a doorway. Love Oprah's Bubbles.) There are so many, it's hard to decide. What's your pick?

http://www.shopwildthings.com/index.html

Mish,

what a great selection..I too like Oprah's bubbles..I'd put those up in a minute,providing the boys didn't try to swing from them:LOL: Really they are so pretty, I'm sure you'd love having them up..Let us know what you decide on..
kadesma:)

kadesma said:
...I'd put those up in a minute,providing the boys didn't try to swing from them:LOL: kadesma:)

OMG, :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ohmy:

The one I keep swiching from the window to the doorway (real comedy routine here :LOL: ) was one from ebay - Ikea bamboo curtain. Take a peek if you like. Still pointing, clicking and mentally rearranging rooms in my head.

Mish did you make a decision? Thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth. You said you have bamboo curtains, so I would go for-
1, Wood Peaches n Pits
2.Wood Red and Brown
or just Plain Bamboo.

I love the natural look.

Back
Top Bottom