Kitchen size - I bet you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here is my humble and mostly clean kitchen
my wife is going to kill me
and any complements should go to her, she picked the house and all the furniture, I just picked the kitchen stuff, but not the major appliances

Attachments

• IMAGE_00122.jpg
    IMAGE_00122.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAGE_00119.jpg
    IMAGE_00119.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAGE_00118.jpg
    IMAGE_00118.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAGE_00123.jpg
    IMAGE_00123.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAGE_00121.jpg
    IMAGE_00121.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMAGE_00120.jpg
    IMAGE_00120.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAGE_00117.jpg
    IMAGE_00117.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMAGE_00116.jpg
    IMAGE_00116.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMAGE_00115.jpg
    IMAGE_00115.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 165
Yeah, jeekinz. Like the one vilasman just posted :cool:

Right now I'd just be happy with a window and some natural lighting. Although there is a window in the bathroom right above the tub, so I could pull a Kramer and eat while I'm taking a shower. Then I'll have my window to look out :)

umm, mav. are your fingers broken? (lol, that's what my wife would say if i said she was behind on the dishes)

Two things I do not and will not do:
Foot rubs
Wash dishes

Everything else I will do, and I do, on a regular basis. Dishes are in fact the only thing she is responsible for inside the house.

The fridge is nice, we love it! Got it in February, a couple of months before I had the heart surgery. It is the only thing new in that kitchen outside of maybe the toaster and coffee maker, LOL.
The kitchen was remodeled in the 70's, and they did a horrible job. Covered up every problem they had. I have to re-do most of the plumbing, so until I get well enough to do that I won't have the water/ice features on the fridge hooked up. Or the dishwasher for that matter, or the garbage disposal...
Uggggg....... DW bought the house for the same reason someone else stated on here, to save money. Counting all the costs of upgrades and repairs, and considering we have done them all ourselves to save money, it adds up to more than if we had bought a new house at the time.
So much for saving money...

Here's mine. The DW and I did all the work ourselves. Still need countertops. I built the island from a set of cabinets that was on the far wall (really had no use), the worksurface I built from roughsawn rock maple, it's 2'x4'. The top is black absolute granite tiles. We laid a floating engineered wood floor which is great on your feet and back. Where the wood french door are used to be just an archway. I found the doors on Ebay for $175 shipped. Refurbished them, and installed them myself. The martini glass graphic is faux frosted glass cut vinyl.

img_597282_0_c02cee24bb06156760bfb3106019d11a.jpg

img_597282_1_91b3324c74842dfe95b4680cce8f3931.jpg

Yeah, that's a pretty cool color. I think RR has something similar to it that I saw last night on one of her '08 shows. It looks very nice with your dark wood. Much better than her TV kitchen :)

I've had kitchens that small twice in my life. Both were apartments, and they taught me to work in a clean and organized manner. I developed the concept of mise en place before I knew the term. Many cooks in pro kitchens have no more space to work than that.

Wow, some really lovely kitchen setups I must say. There aint no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that I am posting pics of mine. I hate my kitchen although it is probably not as bad as I make it sound. But you folks really do have some nice kitchens, you are very fortunate!

The posted kitchens are all beautiful! I wish I could post my best friends mother's kitchen. It is absolutely gorgeous. Too bad she lives in my hometown.

Ah, it is a coil stove but it is not gas. Electric all the way. I think a gas stove would be illegal in that kitchen, theres no vent or window, i'd die in there!

Oh, and I love the Spaniel! What's her name?? She looks like shes following you :) Thats so sweet.

We bought our house for the kitchen. Not home or I'd ask DH to take some photos. Some of your kitchens are so fun, others, well, I can only say.............................................................I'd move:LOL:

thread kinda gave me a boost. i'm prouud that i can work around my prehistoric kitchen, be it not what i'd choose if i were rich.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom