Kitchen size - I bet you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jpmc.... I'm not sure how from photobucket, I just attached them from my hard drive.

no matter how big the kitchen would be, it would be too small for me. I have too much stuff and if i had biger kitchen i would get even more stuff, i love pots/pans/gedgets. It's crazy, it's adiction.
Me, too, Charlie. I would absolutely love to have a huge commercial style kitchen in my home. Stainless everywhere. Loads of open shelving. 2 big sink areas. A drain in the floor. I would especially like 3 or 4 large stainless work tables. I have one now in the center of my kitchen and that is where everyone gravitates and most food prep gets done. I greatly admire beautiful wood cabinets and granite counter tops but I prefer the easy cleaning of stainless - there is virtually no maintenance.

img_598237_0_878e4865eb508ddb0420c5edbaa4e149.jpg

Well, I suppose I can :)

Right click and copy the link, click on the yellowish photo icon on the Reply toolbar, backspace out the existing "http://", then paste your link into the field.

Works for me ;)

edited to add: Obviously this is one of jp's pics

This is the best thread!!! I love peeking into all of your kitchens. They are all beautiful to me, even Saphe's charming, miniature one. JP's wonderful, bright cabinets are a delight, not to mention the gorgeous countertops. Suzie's abundant and beautiful cabinets (and kids) are a pleasure to look at. Fireweaver's lovely dining area right next to her charming kitchen. Lefse's gorgeous countertops and backspash. MexicoKaren's fantastic Mexican kitchen and to-die-for patio. Maverick's busy, happy kitchen complete with adorable kid! GotGarlic's "straight out of Tuscany" remodel. Pacanis's bright white kitchen with the wonderful quirky layout. Jeekinz delicious orange kitchen with the fabulous bar and french doors. Villasman's inviting, open kitchen. Wart's fantastically quirky, evolving kitchen (I love the light fixture). Qmax's kitchen that could be on the pages of House Beautiful. This has been better than a stack of magazines because all of you really cook! Thanks for inviting me into your kitchen's everyone!

My cabinets? Are you 2 feeling alright? :ermm:

Those ugly cabinets are the original 1973 yuckys the house was built with!
I can't wait to get rid of them!

But thank you kindly. ;)

I hear ya, Suzi.
"wonderful quirky layout"??? What's wonderful about telling the dogs to move everytime I want to get around the corner and over to the stove?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

But that was a very sweet post, FM :)

Fisher's Mom - I feel the same way! I love hearing about the new creations you are all making and to be able to see your kitchens (and glimpses of your families) is great fun. Even though they are all so different, it is clear that all of them are serious kitchens for real cooks (and most are also neater than mine- oh well....)

I would especially like 3 or 4 large stainless work tables.

I like the idea of SS work surfaces for the easy to maintain aspect. But when I was a heavy equipment mechanic, I had a few SS workbenches. In the summer it was like working on a griddle and the reflection of the sun was blinding - lol. I'd break a sweat just walking by them.

It's a pain in the neck sometimes with the wood surface I have. Anytime I want to work with any meat I have to drag out a cutting board and then theres another thing that needs to be washed. If/when we move, I'd like either a portable SS workstation that I could use outdoors with the BBQ or in the house, obviously. OR a dedicated 'butcher station'. The portable tables are frickin' expensive though.

My island only sees dough, fruits and veggies. Things of that nature.

Party at JP's! No double dipping!

If those are Mauviel I'm gonna pass out.
:) No Mauviel. The other pots are fondue/chafing dishes I got all but one which was my dads on Ebay. Party is on! You guy's would love it out here if you like the outdoors it's like living in a National Park.:)

Where I live you can't get in without a password for the gate.

VPR invite and no I dont own HB just works here. I used to work at the high country lodge( Costilla) for eight years

Last edited:
I absolutely love the outdoors. I am dying here in the city for a backyard good ol bbq, bugs and all!!!!!!

In fact, last night I had a craving for a bbq burnt hot dog.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom