Kitchen thieves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sattie, you and I must have the same gremlins. I just noticed yesterday that I'm missing about 3 forks and couple of spoons.

My silverware seems to be less and less.... specially forks. I guess the elfs and knomes need to eat too?
You don't have any teenagers that do your dishes, do you? When my oldest was a teen, I noticed things going missing, especially flatware. Turns out that on her night to do dishes, she hated washing stuff that had dried on food - particularly forks. She solved that problem by hiding the troublesome items in the back of a little used corner cabinet!

LOL!!! I have no children, only DH and he does the dishes most of the time. So I can only assume it's the elves!

My wife has witnessed me flinging plastic containers all over the kitchen before.
This is a personal bugaboo of mine!

So now, if I can't find a lid, the offending tub goes into the Pending corner, and if the
lid doesn't appear next wash... into the recycle bin goes the tub!

We got one of those stack and spin container sets a few years back when they were
popular, and I have been a happy man since then, LOL!

(I vote for House Elves being naughty, myself. Leave them a stray sock and get
rid of them I say! LOL)

hehe The "not me" reminded me of this:

One morning I came out of the bathroom after my shower to see the Trivial Pursuit game scattered all over the living room floor ... every card was out of the box and every little slice of every pie.

I didn't say a word to my son, who was about three at the time, but gave him one of those Mom looks. He cocks his head at me and said, "Did you see me do it?". :angel:

Pretty hard to be mad when it takes everything you have not to crack up laughing. Was also pretty hard to explain that since there were just two of us there and I knew that I wasn't involved, it pretty much left him. :ROFLMAO: haha :ROFLMAO: He still tries that same phrase when he's trying to feign innocence.

:heart:
Z

:ROFLMAO:my food storage containers have a way of disappering as well. the whole thing not just the lid.

my kids take em home with food in them. but they never bring em back. i don't buy tupperware any more . to expensive to have them gone for good.

babe:ROFLMAO:
When I sold Tupperware (for 11 months--mainly to build up my supply) we were told to never loan Tupperware because you won't get it back!

When things go missing around here, we say it went to the "Land of the Little Pink Cup." I've told this story before, so I apologize to the ones who have already read it! When my daughter Nancy was about 10 months old she was sitting in her high chair eating a snack and drinking milk. When she finished, she accidentally knocked her little pink cup off of the tray. I watched it hit the floor. I decided to clean her up first, then to clean up her tray and wash the cup. Almost 28 years later, we have never found that cup. Everything has been moved out of that room a few times since then (for cleaning, etc.) and it was never found. True story. It still freaks me out a little!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom