"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowgrass View Post
I live alone. I know I have elves in my house.

Not only do they take my socks and my bowl lids, they move my eyeglasses around.
and.. they move my car keys around too.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #32
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
my food storage containers have a way of disappering as well. the whole thing not just the lid.

my kids take em home with food in them. but they never bring em back. i don't buy tupperware any more . to expensive to have them gone for good.

babe
When I sold Tupperware (for 11 months--mainly to build up my supply) we were told to never loan Tupperware because you won't get it back!

When things go missing around here, we say it went to the "Land of the Little Pink Cup." I've told this story before, so I apologize to the ones who have already read it! When my daughter Nancy was about 10 months old she was sitting in her high chair eating a snack and drinking milk. When she finished, she accidentally knocked her little pink cup off of the tray. I watched it hit the floor. I decided to clean her up first, then to clean up her tray and wash the cup. Almost 28 years later, we have never found that cup. Everything has been moved out of that room a few times since then (for cleaning, etc.) and it was never found. True story. It still freaks me out a little!

Barbara