Kitchen thieves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meshoo96

Senior Cook
My dh and I totally redid our kitchen cabinets today. We reorganized and got rid of stuff that we never use or has/is about to expire. When we got to the "tupperwear" cabinet, we resorted everything. Matched bowls to lids, etc. In the end, we had about 15 unmatched lids and 5 unmatched bowls. DH thinks we have a kitchen elf that is stealing them because when we moved in here a year ago, we had a match for everything. Anyone else have one of these little thieving elves in their kitchen? If so, do you think it's friends with the dryer elf that takes the left sock?

oh yes , I have the odd assortment of missing storage containers with missing lids. I have no idea how a lid can get lost.

Have the same problem in my house!!! Sometimes I do find them in weird places like under beds or in the toy box as my two year old has the habit of getting into my lower cabinets when I'm not looking!!

gone with the kids

:ROFLMAO:my food storage containers have a way of disappering as well. the whole thing not just the lid.

my kids take em home with food in them. but they never bring em back. i don't buy tupperware any more . to expensive to have them gone for good.

babe:ROFLMAO:

It's leprechauns!

There are sock leprechauns, lid/bowl leprechauns, dish leprechauns, flatware leprechauns. My step-daughter told me all about seeing them when she was younger - although she didn't mention seeing them until her mother and I discovered all of our missing dishes and flatware under her bed. :LOL:

Last edited:
When all 5 of our children lived at home, we also had another roommate named "not me." This member of the family was too often blamed for an assortment of crimes. Having said that, so often we were lacking in lids, cups, bowls, spoons, etc. No one seemed to know where they went.

Now that it's just the two of us, things rarely go amiss. As soon as they do, I'm going to have to question my memory. That will give "senior moment" significance.

When all 5 of our children lived at home, we also had another roommate named "not me." This member of the family was too often blamed for an assortment of crimes. Having said that, so often we were lacking in lids, cups, bowls, spoons, etc. No one seemed to know where they went.

Now that it's just the two of us, things rarely go amiss. As soon as they do, I'm going to have to question my memory. That will give "senior moment" significance.

there's been two of us for 10 yrs, and still the lids go missing.

Why do you assume stuff is missing? Could it be that your kitchen elf is bringing you those unmatched items? All the stuff that goes missing elsewhere has to go SOMEWHERE, right?

I always just blame my mother!!! I reckon when I eventually move house, I will find out that she has been putting things in places that she would have put them in her house when I was a kid. Probably her way of saying she doesn't agree with my storage layout!! LOL

Hey I have a resident named not me here too... even though Billy is the only child.
Try and figure THAT one out lmao.
We have a number of unmatched lids and bowls here also.
Oh and the socks ! We're out buying socks every couple of months.

Not Me and Ida Know are twin residents in hiding here... someday I will catch them and make them pay for all the stuff they have lost or broken!
Maybe we should have a warrant issued for their arrest? LOL "Wanted in connection to multiple sock, bowl, and lid thefts as well as untold amounts of mischief unaccounted for".

A woman I work with has Somebody in her house, as in, her DH says, "Somebody needs to clean up around here," or "Somebody needs to get dinner started." :LOL:

I've heard this so many times. Of course, I have a few very likely suspects. But a while back I decided I was tired of trying to sort it all out so what I do now is call everybody in and say "I don't know and I'm not asking who did this or how it happened. But I expect this to be cleaned up/found/sorted out/etc. by the end of the day" and then I sweep majestically out of the room. (Sometimes it even works!)

We have a young woman who comes in once a week to do cleaning, laundry, etc. She is a dear person, but when she empties the dishwasher or puts away laundry, we never know where things are going to be.
Kim gets especially ticked about his meat forks. He can never find them when he needs one.

We have a young woman who comes in once a week to do cleaning, laundry, etc. She is a dear person, but when she empties the dishwasher or puts away laundry, we never know where things are going to be.
Kim gets especially ticked about his meat forks. He can never find them when he needs one.
This happens to me every day because my kids unload the dishwasher and put away the laundry.

My silverware seems to be less and less.... specially forks. I guess the elfs and knomes need to eat too?

Back
Top Bottom