Kitchenisms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selkie

Executive Chef
Kitchenisms

No matter which way you place a coffee cup on a microwave turntable, it will always stop with the hand turned away from you.

A carton of eggs will always contain two fewer eggs than needed for your recipe.

A roll of foil or plastic will end one foot short of what you need.

I really, really hated it when those things kept happening so...

That's why I worked out that if I heat my coffee for 1-1/2 minutes, the handle will be just where I put it;

I buy an extra carton of eggs. They'll always get used.

I like to buy a backup for things like mayonnaise, OTC pain killers.

It's so nice to know I won't run out. When I open the spare, I put the item on the grocery list and it will get replaced before I need it.

It makes me feel good that I'm treating myself nicely. (Finally.)

Selkie, a watched pot never boils...neither does the one you forget to turn on.

With teenagers in the house, the box of whatever on the pantry shelves that you THINK is your backup is likely an empty shell.

Teenagers can eat their weight in food and never blink, but one brownie makes an adult's scale scream.

when dropped, a piece of bread will always land buttered side down.

<<from a dog>> humans drop a lot of bread, so be around when they're buttering it.

The ziplock that has marinating meat in it or the nicely wrapped piece of beef defrosting in the fridge is guaranteed to leak all over the refrigerator if you don't have a plate under it.

When you DESPERATELY need a glass of milk, someone will have left exactly 2 tbsps in the bottom of the jug!

Alix said:
When you DESPERATELY need a glass of milk, someone will have left exactly 2 tbsps in the bottom of the jug!

Sounds just like you are at my house. ;)

Kitchenisms

No matter which way you place a coffee cup on a microwave turntable, it will always stop with the hand turned away from you.

A carton of eggs will always contain two fewer eggs than needed for your recipe.

A roll of foil or plastic will end one foot short of what you need.

:ROFLMAO:
And when you drop a piece of buttered toast it always falls butter side down.

Hot dog rolls and hotdogs never come pakaged in even amounts so you end up buying 2 packets.

Pre packed cake mix never has enough Icing to ice the whole cake.

A loaf of bread makes only enough sandwiches for one days lunches and then you don't have enough left for the next day so you have to buy another one because your short 2 slices of the 10 you need (in my house lol)

This isn't an izm, but reading some of these things has made me wonder...
If you can rub a piece of stainless steel on your fingers to take away an onion smell, do you need to wash the SS knife you used to cut the onion? :huh:

If you can rub a piece of stainless steel on your fingers to take away an onion smell, do you need to wash the SS knife you used to cut the onion? :huh:

Yeah, and wash your hands too.

Just don't try to make the knife do double duty and rub your fingers with it!

As the spilling BBQ sauce is flying toward you, you will suddenly remember you are wearing your new white outfit.

If you drop an expensive cut of meat, as you are trying to save it from hitting the floor, your arthritic old dog that hasn't moved faster than sludge for 3 years will suddenly turn into 4-pawed lightning!

No matter which width you buy the aluminum foil will always be 1 inch too narrow to cover whatever you are lining.

Back
Top Bottom