kites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Anyone that has Kite experience? I need a kite for around $50 or less, that can perform some tricks. I need this for my sister, who will turn 50 this year. She loves the beach, moon, stars, sun. Anyone know of a site that is reasonable? I've googled, but didnt find much.

Many long years ago, I and my children designed our own kits. We tried may different shapes and used garbage bags, glue, and old elastic poles from a worn out tent for kite building materials. We jsut made sure that there was sufficient area to catch enough air to carry the weight, and attached the connecting strings above the center of gravity, and provided a cloth tail.

The beauty of making your own kite is that you can use lightweight nylon cloth (use the rip-stop variety if you can find it), and use print transfers to put your family picture, or special words on it, to personalize and make the kite special.

Kite's aren't difficult to design or build. And they aren't expensive. There are many good kite-design books at your local library, or I'm sure you can find good kite design plans on the internet.

If you don't want to design your own, then there are bunches of sites with all kinds of prices. Just do a quick Google Search.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom