Know of any general fiction forums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessin

Assistant Cook
I can't seem to find any populated forums for discussing general fiction books. Plenty if you focus on something specific (like cooking here, or sci-fi/fantasy, or non-fiction subjects) but I've had a killer craving to see if I could track down a light-hearted slapsticky comedy book to read (something like a National Lampoon movie made into a book) and I haven't found any place to ask around. Anyone know of some hot-spots?

I don't know of any forums, but I CAN recommend a few authors for you. Depending on your preferences, try Carl Hiassen, Douglas Westlake or Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I am sure there will be a few more suggestions here soon too. Hope you find a couple you like.

I am not sure if this would fit what you are looking for to the letter, but if you have not read the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy books then I would highly recommend them. I am an avid reader and have never laughed as hard reading anything else. They really are hilarious.

Alix said:
I don't know of any forums, but I CAN recommend a few authors for you. Depending on your preferences, try Carl Hiassen, Douglas Westlake or Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I am sure there will be a few more suggestions here soon too. Hope you find a couple you like.

Alix, Could that be DONALD Westlake, the author who wrote the Dortmunder series?

If I am right, I also second that, too... Mr. Westlake is one of my favourite, too, if you enjoy light hearted, slapsticky comedy books as you mentioned, you will get a huge kick out of his wacky stories!!

http://www.donaldwestlake.com/

Oops sorry I misread your post. I though you said sci-fi. In any even the Hitchhikers books would still be a great read.

LMAO! Well crap! Yes urmaniac, I meant DONALD. What a goofball I am. Not sure at the moment WHERE Douglas came from!

Peter Mayle has written a couple of slapstick-type fiction books that I like. Also pick up any Wodehouse book. I have a collection of Wooster & Jeeves that is in my repetoir when I'm between books in my read aloud collection, and love them.

Back
Top Bottom