Kraft Guacamole has very little avocado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I saw the same article today, too. I would have to agree that since the dip only contains about 2% avocado, it would seem inappropriate to call it guacamole. Although, I can't imagine suing over it. I simply wouldn't buy the product. Come to think of it. I don't even buy it now. It's just too easy and tasty to make my own guacamole. Dip or otherwise.

The best quote I've seen in a long time:LOL:

"We think customers understand that (our guacamole) isn't made from avocado," said Claire Regan, Kraft Foods' vice president of corporate affairs.

Like much of the prepared guacamole sold in supermarkets, Kraft guacamole is essentially a whipped paste made from partially hydrogenated soybean and coconut oils, corn syrup, whey and food starch. Yellow and blue dyes give it the green color.:ohmy:

jennyema said:

"We think customers understand that (our guacamole) isn't made from avocado," said Claire Regan, Kraft Foods' vice president of corporate affairs.

Understand! Understand? Oh, right. It's like I understand that Hunt's spaghetti sauce isn't made from tomatoes. Oh, come on, Ms. Regan, give the American public credit for having some brains. Puhleeze!

That lady has a couple of her own big avocados to make a statement like that.

That quote is priceless. Although, I thought customers got that too. If you ever tasted the stuff you had to know there was no avacado in it. It tastes like green godess salad dressing with sugar in it. Can you imagine going to a law firm and saying that this is what you decided to sue over and they say ok, great idea. What a world.

Why doesn't she step up and fight for more important things.........lobby for better laws against murders, child abusers/molesters, etc......... just doesn't seem important to me with everything else that is going on in the world.

Just to be a trouble maker, I'm agreeing with the lawsuit. :) I realize that there are those out there who aren't smart enough to read an ingredient list.

That's right eveil Kraft folks, now maybe you'll actually put 4% of avacado in your dip. :glare: :LOL:

jennyema said:

We need to start a thread on the most ridiculous quotes in food history, this being at the top.

I'll admit it...I've bought it twice.
The first time, I served it with a big taco salad along with sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese and all that other stuff, and it didn't taste bad. But the next time we ate it on Fritos, and it was terrible. The dog even turned her nose up at it.
As you say, Katie, it's just too easy to make your own.

By the way, I never use Mayo in mine...how about you all?

Back
Top Bottom