"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
Executive Chef

The Livingroom is going to be re-painted and refurbished before we return to Madrid. The renovated wood floors are covered, as we have already re-started the renovations. The new sofas are in the dining room, and the antique coffeetable we just found, shall replace the old wood one seen in the photo.

M.C.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
My younger daughter and her husband Giovanni are coming with their 3 sons, and my older daughter & her hubby with their 2 children ... All excited ...
What a lovely photo Margi, such a nice couple

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
The Livingroom is going to be re-painted and refurbished before we return to Madrid. The renovated wood floors are covered, as we have already re-started the renovations. The new sofas are in the dining room, and the antique coffeetable we just found, shall replace the old wood one seen in the photo.

M.C.
It is all sounding wonderful, I am sure it is going to look stunning Margi

Always lovely doing renovations and so exciting!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Kylie: Thank you for your compliment

Good Evening,

Hope you are having a lovely wkend ...

We are over in Basilicata, with dear friends Giacinto & Lucia and their little girl Alessia. Needed a break from all the banging, as we are doing an open plan combo dining rm with the salon ... the fireplace shall be re-engineered and the walls you see in foto, shall be taken down ... It shall flow, provide much more space and bring in the sea scapes ... All very pale cream and white with turquoise, and aquamarine ... very Adriatic ... woods shall play role of course, with a touch of the rustic, and country coastal ...

I am the type of mom, that as long as the gals are fulfilled with the gents they had selected, and they get on well, and share common denominators, and communicate well, and work together to find solutions and respect each other, I am content ... Giovanni is a cool dude ... Does well and is exemplary father for the 3 boys ...

Kind regards.
Margi.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #35
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I thought this was the Labor Day Planning thread...
Old 08-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #36
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I thought this was the Labor Day Planning thread...
I'll bring us back....

It looks like we will be going back down to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens for the Labor Day weekend! Yaaaa! I'm planning another trip to Williamsburg Pottery while we are there (shhh...that's a secret)
Old 08-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Dave: Williamsburg, Virginia

Buon Giorno, Good Morning Dave,

From my recollection, Williamsburg is a wonderful village to enjoy ... If I am correct, I recall some hand made candles and hand made soaps, hand made blown glass and other Artisanial Crafts ...

It has been some time, since our last stop in Williamsburg, however, we do remember how lovely it was in the 1990s.

Have a wonderful August & Labor Day Wkend,
Margi.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #38
Wine Guy

Time to revive this thread from the ashes.

We're having about a dozen or so people over today for a cookout. I've got 4 slabs of baby back ribs all spiced up and ready to go into the oven (yes, I do them in the oven and then finish on the grill). And two chickens will go onto the rotisserie around noon. We're also having potato salad, coleslaw, melon salad, and homemade honey baked beans. MIL is bringing dessert, so I don't know yet what it will be.

Here's the ribs...

Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #39
Master Chef

Oh, how did I only get this line today (the Sunday of Labor day weekend?). I really want to be with one of you with barbecue going! In reality I'll limp down to where I have green beans and harvest them, the tomatoes that are ripe, and make some version of Swiss steak. I'll never figure out why my husband lost his mojo, but he doesn't like to cook out any more, and doesn't like to make pasta for friends. I used to have the energy to convince him to do it, but with the hip, walking to the bean patch (not that far), coming back, then cookiing dinner .... well, it will be enough for now. I'm aiming at more next week.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I'll bring us back....

It looks like we will be going back down to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens for the Labor Day weekend! Yaaaa! I'm planning another trip to Williamsburg Pottery while we are there (shhh...that's a secret)
I couldn't care less abut Busch gardens, but, oh my I loved old Williamsburg. We were stationed at old Fort Monroe, and it was one of our favorite day trips. We loved the historic stuff, and loved to walk (I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever enjoy walking again). We loved the historic places plus a restaurant that was unknown then, but we loved. This was before dogs; cats, fish, and birds are much more forgiving. We'd go an spend the day, and if the spirit took us, trhe night. We'd finish up with a shopping trip to the pottery. Much of my house is still furnished with stuff I bought there.