Labor Day: 3 Weeks From Now Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I manage a kitchen. Started washing dish when I was 14 and here I am. The only "holiday" I get is Christmas day. But, someone has to do it so it might as well be me. :)
Cheers

That is great FSC...always a great feeling working your way up, well done!

Thank you For All Your Contributions & Feedback

Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Kylie: Thanks for your update on Australia ...

Steve & Hoot: Now, does Hoot look like, he would of named his daughter, Cindy Lou or Cindy Mae or Daisy Mae ? Rebecca, far more fitting as it is a classic historical name ... ( No Offense, to anyone named Cindi Mae, or Cindi Lou or Daisy Mae ... )

I think many actors and actresses, for example, Bruce Willis & Demi Moore, name their children ridiculously; Rumor & Scout are two of their 3 daughters names ... Rumor ! Imagine ?

There are others of course as well who tagged their children with some oddities for call names ...

Any way, have a lovely Labor Day and enjoy the official worldwide last weekend of Summer Vacation and it then, signifies, back to work and/or back to school to hit the books ...

All my best,
Margi.

The Aquarium & Busch Gardens: Lovely & Interesting

Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Thanks for your contributions and I love Aquariums and Botanical Gardens ... Great way to spend a morning before lunch time ...

Valencia City on Spain´s East Coast of Levante, on the Mediterranean has one of the world´s largest Aquariums and it is visually incredibly enchanting ... Highly suggest if in Spain ...

The Botanical Gardens of Zürich, Switzerland are absolutely impeccably beautiful ... Madrid´s are quite lovely too ... I have not been over to Amsterdam for a couple of years, however, their Tulips are just awesome too ...

Autumn and its colors: along the Blue Ridge from Virginia to Tennessee & the Smokey Mts. ( Asheville ) and Vermont, nature´s colors never cease to stop impressing me ... Incredible, the world of the natural ...

From my point of view: Architecturally and Monumentally I love Europe, however, the continents of North America and South America, nature is the monument ... The mighty mountain chains of the Andes and Rockies, the Grand Canyon, the eastern seaboard Atlantic crashing against the rocky cliffs, and the Coastal highway drive from Los Angeles all the way north to Washington State ... this is breathtaking.

We have a beautiful world, if man would only learn to take more care of it, instead of dropping petrol in the seas, and littering their krap plastic bags all over ...

Ciao.
Have nice August.
Margi

Last edited:
Good perspective. Positive. Thanks. :)
And, when the cold winds blow in January, having garden-fresh salsa, etc., will be appreciated. FWIW, I was in a local "produce store" the other day. 25 lb of roma tomatoes were $6.97. If I didn't have a garden, I'd be putting those up. Food Basics, Rock.

The only thing I plan that far in advance is my work schedule usually. This year, I think I'm working Labor Day Monday. It's not a particularly special weekend for us, except for the football rivalry thing.

I'd really like to go to see either show at 5th street main stage Sat or Sun. Not necessarily for the music but some of my colleagues will be providing sign language interpretations! If you've never seen a music concert signed, it is often beautiful and amazing! Not sure if I can talk DH into it though coz it costs money! He'd go for the free concerts only if there isn't a big crowd.:LOL:

We have no hard and fast plans for the weekend. We'll probably just spend it at home same as always.
If y'all go and get there early enough, you might be able to get a table on the outside at Waterman's . 'Course, that will likely run into money too.
If y'all do go, maybe we will see y'all there. I will be the one wearing sunglasses. :LOL:

My Younger Daughter Nathalia & Her Husband

My younger daughter and her husband Giovanni are coming with their 3 sons, and my older daughter & her hubby with their 2 children ... All excited ...

Attachments

• juan pedro & dtr. (2).jpg
    juan pedro & dtr. (2).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 157
The Livingroom is going to be re-painted and refurbished before we return to Madrid. The renovated wood floors are covered, as we have already re-started the renovations. The new sofas are in the dining room, and the antique coffeetable we just found, shall replace the old wood one seen in the photo.

M.C.

The Livingroom is going to be re-painted and refurbished before we return to Madrid. The renovated wood floors are covered, as we have already re-started the renovations. The new sofas are in the dining room, and the antique coffeetable we just found, shall replace the old wood one seen in the photo.

M.C.

It is all sounding wonderful, I am sure it is going to look stunning Margi :)

Always lovely doing renovations and so exciting!

Kylie: Thank you for your compliment

Good Evening,

Hope you are having a lovely wkend ...

We are over in Basilicata, with dear friends Giacinto & Lucia and their little girl Alessia. Needed a break from all the banging, as we are doing an open plan combo dining rm with the salon ... the fireplace shall be re-engineered and the walls you see in foto, shall be taken down ... It shall flow, provide much more space and bring in the sea scapes ... All very pale cream and white with turquoise, and aquamarine ... very Adriatic ... woods shall play role of course, with a touch of the rustic, and country coastal ...

I am the type of mom, that as long as the gals are fulfilled with the gents they had selected, and they get on well, and share common denominators, and communicate well, and work together to find solutions and respect each other, I am content ... Giovanni is a cool dude ... Does well and is exemplary father for the 3 boys ...

Kind regards.
Margi. ;)

Last edited:
I thought this was the Labor Day Planning thread...

I'll bring us back....

It looks like we will be going back down to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens for the Labor Day weekend! Yaaaa! I'm planning another trip to Williamsburg Pottery while we are there (shhh...that's a secret) :angel:

Dave: Williamsburg, Virginia

Buon Giorno, Good Morning Dave,

From my recollection, Williamsburg is a wonderful village to enjoy ... If I am correct, I recall some hand made candles and hand made soaps, hand made blown glass and other Artisanial Crafts ...

It has been some time, since our last stop in Williamsburg, however, we do remember how lovely it was in the 1990s.

Have a wonderful August & Labor Day Wkend,
Margi.

Time to revive this thread from the ashes. ;)

We're having about a dozen or so people over today for a cookout. I've got 4 slabs of baby back ribs all spiced up and ready to go into the oven (yes, I do them in the oven and then finish on the grill). And two chickens will go onto the rotisserie around noon. We're also having potato salad, coleslaw, melon salad, and homemade honey baked beans. MIL is bringing dessert, so I don't know yet what it will be.

Here's the ribs...

img_1182917_0_d9feffa60942338e5530e80603a89326.jpg

Oh, how did I only get this line today (the Sunday of Labor day weekend?). I really want to be with one of you with barbecue going! In reality I'll limp down to where I have green beans and harvest them, the tomatoes that are ripe, and make some version of Swiss steak. I'll never figure out why my husband lost his mojo, but he doesn't like to cook out any more, and doesn't like to make pasta for friends. I used to have the energy to convince him to do it, but with the hip, walking to the bean patch (not that far), coming back, then cookiing dinner .... well, it will be enough for now. I'm aiming at more next week.

I'll bring us back....

It looks like we will be going back down to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens for the Labor Day weekend! Yaaaa! I'm planning another trip to Williamsburg Pottery while we are there (shhh...that's a secret) :angel:

I couldn't care less abut Busch gardens, but, oh my I loved old Williamsburg. We were stationed at old Fort Monroe, and it was one of our favorite day trips. We loved the historic stuff, and loved to walk (I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever enjoy walking again). We loved the historic places plus a restaurant that was unknown then, but we loved. This was before dogs; cats, fish, and birds are much more forgiving. We'd go an spend the day, and if the spirit took us, trhe night. We'd finish up with a shopping trip to the pottery. Much of my house is still furnished with stuff I bought there.

Back
Top Bottom