Ladies Only: Are You A Trouser or Dress Woman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roadfix said:
I regularly see a diaper truck making deliveries on my street......so I guess they're still around or making a come back. ....in LA of all places...
I wish they brought back milk delivery. I have an unused pet door at the side entrance. ... :LOL:

Using a diaper service means not having to choose between using a ton of extra water, or putting dirty diapers in with your clothes. Yuck! Because cloth diapers are making a comeback, I suppose diaper services are too. And not wasting as much water is probably popular in LA :)

I never wear my work shoes into the house...I know where they've been.
I have barn boots...but the girls (and Rocky) have claimed the deck (since that is where the door is and they come aknocking at it for treats). Inevitably, they "poo" there and that is also where my clothesline starts, so I might have stepped in poo while hanging laundry...thinking I should run my Crocs through the dishwasher...but I don't want chicken poo in the dishwasher...a friend's dad used to run his hub cabs through the dishwasher. I do the dog dishes and Kongs in the dw, but as a separate load and clean the dishwasher afterwards.

I never wear my work shoes into the house...I know where they've been.

Many, many, many moons ago I worked in a small community hospital. One of my jobs, when we didn't have any babies, was being the dirty nurse in the OR. That job included counting the sponges before and during the surgery and then hanging them on the rack. One doctor had a habit of tossing the sponges on the floor instead on in the basin. Of course they would land on my shoes. I always would go home with blood on my shoes. I spent more time polishing those shoes. I also went home smelling of ether when they did a tonsil or appendectomy job. When I got on the bus to head home, I couldn't stand near the driver. He claimed that I was putting him to sleep.

So TL and I got together yesterday for a lovely luncheon with the local Danish Club. The waiters were in black suits with bowties--very formal.

Most of the folks are men over 70 (very nice gents), wearing sports coats and some with ties on. The club has a dress code, so TL and I both were showing some skin--neither of us, however, deemed to put on pantyhose in 29C weather with humidity that was higher than that. The three young ladies there were not wearing hose. I did, however, check to make sure I didn't have chicken poo on the soles of my shoes.

At any rate, I was invited back, so I couldn't have offended too many folks with my bare legs and Crocs. I even put on a bra--can't say the same for TL. She'll have to confirm/deny that.

And, the gents at the table were very entertained by my stories about the girls. So much for being hoity-toity and dressing to the nines.

So TL and I got together yesterday for a lovely luncheon with the local Danish Club. The waiters were in black suits with bowties--very formal.

Most of the folks are men over 70 (very nice gents), wearing sports coats and some with ties on. The club has a dress code, so TL and I both were showing some skin--neither of us, however, deemed to put on pantyhose in 29C weather with humidity that was higher than that. The three young ladies there were not wearing hose. I did, however, check to make sure I didn't have chicken poo on the soles of my shoes.

At any rate, I was invited back, so I couldn't have offended too many folks with my bare legs and Crocs. I even put on a bra--can't say the same for TL. She'll have to confirm/deny that.

And, the gents at the table were very entertained by my stories about the girls. So much for being hoity-toity and dressing to the nines.

So...this means you CAN clean up a chicken farmer and take them to lunch:LOL::ROFLMAO: Now to get you to lunch here...:angel: I'd like to take you and TL to lunch.

I think it would have been obvious if I hadn't been wearing a bra. :ROFLMAO: I almost always put one on when I "dress up".

BTW, that was the relaxed, summer dress code. When it's cooler all the men wear jackets and ties.

TL--I think we need to take Sigrid to Montana and take PF up on the offer for lunch...but only if a bunch of cattle ranchers are invited, too! I wouldn't have to work so hard to get cleaned up!

TL--I think we need to take Sigrid to Montana and take PF up on the offer for lunch...but only if a bunch of cattle ranchers are invited, too! I wouldn't have to work so hard to get cleaned up!

At least you wouldn't have to make sure all the poo is off your shoes:)

I'm back in the sadle again. Out where a friend is a friend. Where the longhorn cattle roam.......:whistling:whistling

Back
Top Bottom