"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Sous Chef
Well I am mostly at work so scrubs, t-shirts, khakis and polos.

When I do go out jeans/ or shorts with a nice top.

Sometimes a sundress in warm weather.

Special occasions usually a dress and when I do attend church, always a dress.

"Omit and substitute! That's how recipes should be written. Please don't ever get so hung up on published recipes that you forget that you can omit and substitute."
Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
Master Chef
Pants only for me these days, since it seems to be a giant taboo to wear hose with dresses anymore.
Unless you're a young movie star with perfect unblemished tan legs, you need hose to look presentable people!!
Princess Kate knows that...why doesn't everyone else? She's one that I'm sure could do without hose, but she's smart enough to look her best regardless of the bare leg trend.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Originally Posted by Janet H

Hmm - Sometimes my DH wears one of these - I think he looks quite fetching ;)
So how did your DH get one of my skorts, Janet?

Aha! I saw one was missing.
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Pants...scrubs, jeans, stretch jeans, stretch twill and yoga pants. Some of those with a nice shirt and sweater or jacket for dress up.

I don't wear dresses, don't even have one.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Winter I live in cashmere sweaters, and good jeans, heels if we go out, flats and clogs for dyalisis and always a matching wool blazer. Summer trendy t-shirts, jeans or summer pants of a nice dress material,heels for dress,clogs or dress flats the rest of the time. Colors have to match summer blazers, fancy dress for a wedding of which i have none right now, need to shop.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I mostly wear skirts, because I think they are more comfortable. But, they have to have pockets. I wear jeans too, but in the heat, a skirt lets in air. And, I don't usually wear hose with them. If there a few blemishes on my legs, tough.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
Executive Chef
In the winter, jeans for casual, slacks, and sometimes skirts for work. Dresses for special occasions. In the summer (our offices have gone casual) capris, khakis, summer dresses and skirts for work. Pretty much the same for casual but jeans too. Dresses again for special occasions. I really do love dresses I like them at the knee or just above and sometimes tea length, I am short so long dresses or skirts tend to make me look dumpy. Lol! I don't wear hose any more except for funerals and weddings. I agree with Tax lady I guess if people don't want to see any abnormalities on my legs, then they don't have to look!
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #18
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by LPBeier
I have to wear flats because of my back and knee, and I have a huge scar that goes two inches below my right knee from my replacement surgery - this can't get direct sunlight.

LP, just wondering if you care to share why you cannot get sunlight on that scar? I have a 3 inch scar on my knee from an ACL replacement surgery, nothing was said to me about not tanning or exposing it to sunlight..... just curious. :)
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #19
Sous Chef
I wear a lot of skirts, because I think I look better in them than shorts. The shorts that fit my waist tend to be tight around my thighs. Not attractive. That's ok because I love to wear heels, and they look better with a dress or skirt than shorts, anyway. I'm wearing 4 inch heels in my avatar pic so you can see why I like to wear heels!! As for my not so perfectly tanned legs, well, I was born with a fair complexion, and if anyone thinks I need to change my skin color, tough. :D I'm 26 and I recently had someone who thought that the reason another server brought his beer to the table was because I was too young to serve alcohol. Don't try to tell me people would think I was that young if I had spend my life not wearing sun screen. I do wear mostly pants in the winter tho...
Skittle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #20
Executive Chef
Ladies: This is a Good Question

Ladies: Firstly, thanks so much for all your feedback and input.

*** Laurie: Yes, it is a good question and thanks for your contribution ...

Kind regards and have lovely summer,
Ciao, Margi.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote