"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Growing up with red hair, limited the colors I could wear. Now that I am all grey, I can wear any color as long as it is bright and happy.
I was a red-blond as a child, now I am a blond in the summer because my hair bleaches out, in the winter (about March) it goes back to red-blondish. I just treat myself to a "foil" treatment in February for my b'day to get the roots to match the bleached ends. Works for me. And, my hairdresser is very good at making it look natural. I went to another hairdresser in the summer (the first time after my gal did the foil thing) and that hairdresser raved about how my hair bleached out so nicely!!!!Yeah--with Denice's help. And time spent out in the boat on Lake of the Woods.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Most of my sundresses are long...doesn't stop me from hitching them up when it is really hot outside...just like I did as a child. I just have to remember not to hitch them too high if I'm not wearing underwear...oops, TMI. You reach a certain age, and you behave as you will!
How do you hitch up a sundress? I know how to roll the waist on a skirt.

I have a gauzy, floaty, floor length, elastic-waist, cotton skirt that I have been known to wear as a strapless dress - the waist pulled up over my boobs, but only at home.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #53
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
LOL! I bought a sundress today, goes all the way to the floor and beyond by a couple of inches. I told Shrek I was going to wear it as a "nightgown" and he was totally stunned that I took the trash out while wearing it, "but, it's your nightgown!" Well, the neighbors don't know that, they think it's a sundress.
Your post reminded me of a dress I bought earlier in the spring time. I still haven't worn it. It looks to me like a vintage type dress but dh said it looks like something I would be buried in....our grandson said it looks like a night gown. I'm going to have to wear it before long as it is definitely a summery dress.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Most of my sundresses are long...doesn't stop me from hitching them up when it is really hot outside...just like I did as a child. I just have to remember not to hitch them too high if I'm not wearing underwear...oops, TMI. You reach a certain age, and you behave as you will!
ROFL!!! Reminds me of someone I know...
Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #55
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
Your post reminded me of a dress I bought earlier in the spring time. I still haven't worn it. It looks to me like a vintage type dress but dh said it looks like something I would be buried in....our grandson said it looks like a night gown. I'm going to have to wear it before long as it is definitely a summery dress.

What matters is if you like it, don't save it, wear it!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #56
Executive Chef

A neighbor once told Hubby that women with big legs shouldn't wear shorts or dresses because it doesn't look good. Needless to say I wore shorts and dresses all the time that summer, big legs and all! Hubby loved it!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
A neighbor once told Hubby that women with big legs shouldn't wear shorts or dresses because it doesn't look good. Needless to say I wore shorts and dresses all the time that summer, big legs and all! Hubby loved it!!!
Hubby's comeback line could have been, "Not all women dress to please you. They dress for their own man and comfort."
Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #58
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Hubby's comeback line could have been, "Not all women dress to please you. They dress for their own man and comfort."
+1
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #59
Executive Chef

I think Hubby's comeback was something similar to that. I did make sure to parade around a bit that summer!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I think Hubby's comeback was something similar to that. I did make sure to parade around a bit that summer!
I hope you wore jiggle shorts. The kind where the bottom of your buttocks hangs out and shakes as you walk?