Ladies Only: Are You A Trouser or Dress Woman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buonasera Ladies,

Regardless of climate, I am predominately a trouser´s and suit woman professionally and for casual, jeans ...

For theatre, or an upscale restaurant or family holiday or birthday, I may put on a skim the knee skirt or select a skim the knee dress, always with heels ...

Look forward to your feedback.

Ciao, Have nice Tuesday,
Margi.

When it come to fashion & style, I never limit myself to one or the other, or always go with the new trends. The workplace is another matter. Glad I don't work on Wall st. anymore & have to conform to suits & boring conservative wardrobe. My career/job did not have any restrictions - anything short of a bathing suit is acceptable. It also involved getting "dressed" to the 9's when appropriate - premieres etc.

I have several closets packed w/ clothes, shoes, handbags. I do prefer being comfortable, but more importantly wearing what fits correctly & brings out the best/enhances one's beauty & assets.

I poured over WWD, took patternmaking & draping instruction, made my own clothes, took a class at FIT in NYC, & sold some of my "creations." Thought of opening my own boutique or becoming a modern-day Edith Head.

I could go on & on, but I think women can follow trends, but wear what is most appropriate fit-wise, & not resort to inappropriate trends like low rise jeans, etc if one doesn't have the body type.

Leggings, jeggings, bootcut are great, but make sure they fit.

Hair & makeup are important. When you feel good, you look good. I have several wigs where I can change my "look" not have to fuss, & have fun.

Last edited:
Jeans...always. Except at work, no denim is allowed, even if we go in for classes, etc. We have to wear scrubs or dress pants. Must dress professionally.

Actually, we are allowed Jeans only certain days and certain times of the year for a donation of $5 to the Relay for Life (Cancer research) or the Residents Council. Bt, nursing in jeans is tough...too much bending and moving to be comfortable.

Working in the ER for long hours, my son seems to be in scrubs more than his own clothing. He now finds that they are more comfortable than his own clothing. :ermm:

Working in the ER for long hours, my son seems to be in scrubs more than his own clothing. He now finds that they are more comfortable than his own clothing. :ermm:

I never grew out of my T-shirt phase...still collecting the ones with graphics of all kinds. I do wear more black yoga pants than jeans these days. Just for the comfort. Love my Batman shirts...

Tax Lady, Skittles, Roadfix & Csw,

Wanted to say thank you for your contributions on my thread and your always interesting replies, anecdotes and views.

Ladies, have a great summer,
Ciao, Margaux.

Ptx_LG.jpg

I remember my mother struggling into the "Living Rubber Girdle". Panty hose had yet to be invented, and she wanted to be as slim as possible.
We've come a looooooooong way baby!
Here's more info....
History of Playtex

I don't work in the health care profession, but I LOVE scrubs...I have two drawers of scrubs...I have several sets that are light-weight, soft cotten. They are so comfortable. Had I known how comfortable scrubs were, I might have gone to nursing school...

Ptx_LG.jpg

I remember my mother struggling into the "Living Rubber Girdle". Panty hose had yet to be invented, and she wanted to be as slim as possible.
Here's more info....
History of Playtex
Oh dear me. I remember wearing bras like that, with no stretch straps. :ermm:

I also remember occasionally wearing a panty girdle. I'm not sure why, probably because it had garters, so I had one less piece of underwear to wear.

I don't work in the health care profession, but I LOVE scrubs...I have two drawers of scrubs...I have several sets that are light-weight, soft cotten. They are so comfortable. Had I known how comfortable scrubs were, I might have gone to nursing school...

I now have enough scrubs that I could go a month without washing any and not repeat a pattern.

Kayelle: Thanks so much for your Photo & Feedback

Absolutely, love the 1940s - 1950s photo of an antique advert for Girdles ... Thanks so much for your innovativeness.

Kindest, and have lovely summer,
Ciao, Margi.

Mirrors & panty lines

Buon Giorno,

In answer to Cerise´s interesting feedback, many women do not look in a mirror to see how their panty lines show through their trousers or light weight summery skirts and dresses or close knits ... It is horrendous to see a stunning woman, wearing a gorgeous white or light color dress, and to have thick thong or panty lines showing through.

For me this is disgraceful.

To all those, I have missed to thank, thanks for all your feedback, additional discussions and ideas.

Have a lovely summer,
Kind regards,
Margi. Ciao.

Make Up & What is Daytime Overdone ?

Cerise has made another exemplary point ... What is daytime over done ? One thing is night time make up and another is daytime professional ...

With all the stunning department stores, and brands, one can have a make over for a few Euros or Dollars, and purchase perfect colors for your individual palette for your complextion seasonally and learn how to apply it properly.

Some women look like they are going to a Masquerade verses the Office or Shop. Natural works best of Office with focus on eye expression and soft toned lips ... Too bold for office can be over powering.

Night time make up is much more liberal in application. I have also learnt, to either, use subtle eye shadows and a bright lipstick or deep eye shadows and a paler lipstick ... Too much reminds me of the Adams Family or the Munsters ...

Would like to hear your views. Which brands do you use ?

I like Rimmel U.K., Maybelline NY and Lancome for office ... I love Shisedo and Chanel for evening.

All my best,
Ciao, Margi.

Ptx_LG.jpg

Here's more info....
History of Playtex

They also made rubber pants for babies. I used them for Son #1. They weren't anything special except the price.

I now have enough scrubs that I could go a month without washing any and not repeat a pattern.

When my son was expecting his first born and they knew it was going to be a boy, I bought a set of baby scrubs. What else would you give? I even found a pair of clogs like my son wore all the time. Like father, like son. When his wife brought the baby to the hospital to see his father he had the set on. He was the hit of the ER. They were ready to put him to work. :angel:

Addie,

My Mom and my paternal Grandmom had told me all about the under garments of women of their generations and of course, I had done some fashion journalism work for a short time, while my maternal family had owned an Outerwear Manufacturing Corporation.

Things have totally changed ... Pampers, or Doti´s as they call throw away diapers here were unheard of in Mom Eva´s day or Grandmom Margherite´s ... Women slaved over the wash boards and listened to their radio soap operas !

Have lovely summer Addie,
Margi.

Last edited:
Addie said:
When my son was expecting his first born and they knew it was going to be a boy, I bought a set of baby scrubs. What else would you give? I even found a pair of clogs like my son wore all the time. Like father, like son. When his wife brought the baby to the hospital to see his father he had the set on. He was the hit of the ER. They were ready to put him to work. :angel:

That is so cute Addie! I'm sure the little guy looked good with his proud Papa.

That is so cute Addie! I'm sure the little guy looked good with his proud Papa.

He is three years old now. I have a picture of him listening to his maternal grandmother's heart with his toy stethoscope. I have it as my wallpaper. I want to share it all with the rest of you, but can't figure out how to do it. Normally I wouldn't put a family picture out there, but his parents have his pic all over the internet. So I feel safe sharing it. Pic is a bmp. Doesn't seem to want to upload. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom