Ladies Only: Are You A Trouser or Dress Woman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Buonasera Ladies,

Regardless of climate, I am predominately a trouser´s and suit woman professionally and for casual, jeans ...

For theatre, or an upscale restaurant or family holiday or birthday, I may put on a skim the knee skirt or select a skim the knee dress, always with heels ...

Look forward to your feedback.

Ciao, Have nice Tuesday,
Margi.

This is a good question!

I am more of a dress/skirt person, but it has to be well below the knee and fairly loose. I find I wear a lot of pants, but that's only that I don't have that many dresses or skirts for the season (any season). Once I get my reno's done and have my room set up I will get to the pile of sewing I have.

I can't wear pantyhose or anything but cotton socks on my feet (circulation and because of a skin disease I had on my legs a few years ago). I have to wear flats because of my back and knee, and I have a huge scar that goes two inches below my right knee from my replacement surgery - this can't get direct sunlight.

So with all of the above, I go barefoot a lot in sandals or with little cotton sockies in my flat loafers.

For these reasons pants or longer skirts dresses are my options! But it is also kinda who I am! :)

For work, mainly black dress pants and jackets/blazers, along with an occasional long skirt. For travel, I have several skorts (combo skirt and shorts, hit above the knee), along with various lengths of shorts, bermudas, and capris. I have some dresses, but I like to wear them with a jacket.

I haven't worn heels in years. I do have several pairs of boots that I love, and I'm a huge fan of Keen hybrid sandals.

Last edited:
I haven't worn a dress in at least 10 years. I have multiple pairs of black knit pants that I pair with polos or sweaters for work & daily wear. I dress them up for special occasions with a nice long-tailed blouse. If it's an occasion that I know about ahead of time I usually have new pants so the black is fresh and hasn't faded from washing. I have back & knee issues so I live in black New Balance cross trainer tennis shoes or Crocs. I can't wear a heel at all. My lifestyle doesn't put me in any super formal situations that a nice blouse and pants aren't acceptable. I try to make my shoes blend so they aren't obvious but if someone thinks I'm tacky for wearing them to a wedding or something, oh well. .. There are much more inappropriate apparel issues for the fashion police to be concerned with than my shoes.

Mostly a pants woman here. I love Capris for summer wear and jeans. Sundresses are fun and long flowing loose ethnic type dresses, but trousers are my go to outfits.

Hmmm, I do both. It depends on where I'm going. If I'm teaching, probably pants and heels. If I'm going to a wedding, a dress.

Well I am mostly at work so scrubs, t-shirts, khakis and polos.

When I do go out jeans/ or shorts with a nice top.

Sometimes a sundress in warm weather.

Special occasions usually a dress and when I do attend church, always a dress.

Pants only for me these days, since it seems to be a giant taboo to wear hose with dresses anymore.
Unless you're a young movie star with perfect unblemished tan legs, you need hose to look presentable people!! :rolleyes:
Princess Kate knows that...why doesn't everyone else? She's one that I'm sure could do without hose, but she's smart enough to look her best regardless of the bare leg trend.

Janet H said:
Hmm - Sometimes my DH wears one of these - I think he looks quite fetching ;)

So how did your DH get one of my skorts, Janet?

Aha! I saw one was missing.

Pants...scrubs, jeans, stretch jeans, stretch twill and yoga pants. Some of those with a nice shirt and sweater or jacket for dress up.

I don't wear dresses, don't even have one.

Winter I live in cashmere sweaters, and good jeans, heels if we go out, flats and clogs for dyalisis and always a matching wool blazer. Summer trendy t-shirts, jeans or summer pants of a nice dress material,heels for dress,clogs or dress flats the rest of the time. Colors have to match summer blazers, fancy dress for a wedding of which i have none right now, need to shop.
kades:rolleyes:

I mostly wear skirts, because I think they are more comfortable. But, they have to have pockets. I wear jeans too, but in the heat, a skirt lets in air. And, I don't usually wear hose with them. If there a few blemishes on my legs, tough.

In the winter, jeans for casual, slacks, and sometimes skirts for work. Dresses for special occasions. In the summer (our offices have gone casual) capris, khakis, summer dresses and skirts for work. Pretty much the same for casual but jeans too. Dresses again for special occasions. I really do love dresses I like them at the knee or just above and sometimes tea length, I am short so long dresses or skirts tend to make me look dumpy. Lol! I don't wear hose any more except for funerals and weddings. I agree with Tax lady I guess if people don't want to see any abnormalities on my legs, then they don't have to look!

LPBeier said:
I have to wear flats because of my back and knee, and I have a huge scar that goes two inches below my right knee from my replacement surgery - this can't get direct sunlight.

:)

LP, just wondering if you care to share why you cannot get sunlight on that scar? I have a 3 inch scar on my knee from an ACL replacement surgery, nothing was said to me about not tanning or exposing it to sunlight..... just curious. :)

I wear a lot of skirts, because I think I look better in them than shorts. The shorts that fit my waist tend to be tight around my thighs. Not attractive. That's ok because I love to wear heels, and they look better with a dress or skirt than shorts, anyway. I'm wearing 4 inch heels in my avatar pic so you can see why I like to wear heels!! As for my not so perfectly tanned legs, well, I was born with a fair complexion, and if anyone thinks I need to change my skin color, tough. :D I'm 26 and I recently had someone who thought that the reason another server brought his beer to the table was because I was too young to serve alcohol. Don't try to tell me people would think I was that young if I had spend my life not wearing sun screen. I do wear mostly pants in the winter tho...

Ladies: This is a Good Question

Ladies: Firstly, thanks so much for all your feedback and input.

*** Laurie: Yes, it is a good question and thanks for your contribution ...

Kind regards and have lovely summer,
Ciao, Margi.

Back
Top Bottom