Landscape, Seascape or Cityscape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even though I spent more than half my life as a city dweller in Washington, DC, my roots and heart are in the country. I love the denseness of all the trees and other vegetation, along with the assorted wildlife that call that area home.

One of my most treasured parts of our way of life is the peacefulness and solitude that blankets us when night falls. And the night sky...ahhhh, what a thing of beauty! Especially when the moon is full. I dearly love the soft blue light the moon washes everything in when it is full.

When I lived in the city, night was never dark. There was always the "glow" of the city lights. As for peace and solitude, that was broken on a regular basis by the Medivac helicopter flying over doing its job.

I much prefer "visiting" the city and, then, "living in the woods with the bears." No bears here, though, just coyotes and a few wildcats.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:)
Now you've got me singing the theme song to Green Acres!

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

More my speed:

2825690773_5ec4e8432b_b.jpg

2825792901_c049dab739_b.jpg

We each have OUR favorite place to be. I grew up in the city, loved it, wanted to go to an even bigger city. Then I got moved to a small city and into the country just me my dh, and 2 kids. I hated it but soon found myself sitting outback watching my horse, the phesants, birds of all kinds and my sweet precious babies the hummers, At night you would see a fox, at times a deer,cayotes, and the still of night was so loud you became in love with it. Smells,the quiet, the peacefulnesss was something you looked forward to each morning and waited for it so come on it's quiet feet tiptoeing into your day and bringing you that soft hug you need each day. Big city not for me, the quiet of my farm small as it is. I love life here. It's my way of life and I love it.
kades

Both parts of my heart:

Attachments

• into the ocean.jpg
    into the ocean.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Glacier bowl sm.jpg
    Glacier bowl sm.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 159
We each have OUR favorite place to be. I grew up in the city, loved it, wanted to go to an even bigger city. Then I got moved to a small city and into the country just me my dh, and 2 kids. I hated it but soon found myself sitting outback watching my horse, the phesants, birds of all kinds and my sweet precious babies the hummers, At night you would see a fox, at times a deer,cayotes, and the still of night was so loud you became in love with it. Smells,the quiet, the peacefulnesss was something you looked forward to each morning and waited for it so come on it's quiet feet tiptoeing into your day and bringing you that soft hug you need each day. Big city not for me, the quiet of my farm small as it is. I love life here. It's my way of life and I love it.
kades
+1

I love the quiet. I love to hear the crickets at night. I love watching the fireflies. I love having chickens. I love having a huge garden. I love life in the country (not so much after a snowstorm and the driveway has to be shoveled/plowed--but that isn't every day--even in the winter). Life is a different pace in the country. BUT there is a huge part of my heart that also loves Lake of the Woods. Sadly, that is a place I go, not a place I can live. It wouldn't be practical. I have to "gear up" to go in the City. I just am so not a city person.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
That's in Glacier Nat'l Park...I'm not getting more specific than that.:rolleyes:

I traveled through Glacier on a train when I graduated from high school. Scenery was breathtaking.

One thing(among many) I like about the NOVA/DC Region, is while the city can be fun, it is GREAT to get about 40min west, and get out to the start of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We frequent skyline drive, and I just enjoy the Rolling hills, and wide open spaces. Also, while it's a short seasons, the VA wines aren't too bad, and there are a multitude of vineyards.

4808373849_8c692b7d35_b.jpg

4787297415_dcd94aef1a_b.jpg

4787924590_4141a3343e_b.jpg

4787298295_1f61d89de3_b.jpg

Last edited:
One thing(among many) I like about the NOVA/DC Region, is while the city can be fun, it is GREAT to get about 40min west, and get out to the start of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We frequent skyline drive, and I just enjoy the Rolling hills, and wide open spaces. Also, while it's a short seasons, the VA wines aren't too bad, and there are a multitude of vineyards.

Beautiful countryside Tatt!

There was a sad, and depressing part in the Ken Burns National Park series about Glacier Natl. Park, saying that there will be NO more glacier in roughly 20-30 year, and all will be gone. The early pics, tin types I believe, compared to even pics in the 60/70 was a huge difference, but the pics f the glacier from the 80'3-today, were stunning. SO much loss, it was sad.

That's a beautiful part of the country that I haven't spent much time in, but would like to at some point.

Beautiful countryside Tatt!

Thanks a bunch!

I was skeptical at first, I am a beach bum/island boy by Birth, and at heart, but i have really come to enjoy the natural beauty of the Appalachians, and it's foothills. One days when I was up to it, it was grab camera gear, hop in car, pick a direction and just go. A LOT to see around here!

Back
Top Bottom