Landscape, Seascape or Cityscape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a sad, and depressing part in the Ken Burns National Park series about Glacier Natl. Park, saying that there will be NO more glacier in roughly 20-30 year, and all will be gone. The early pics, tin types I believe, compared to even pics in the 60/70 was a huge difference, but the pics f the glacier from the 80'3-today, were stunning. SO much loss, it was sad.

That's a beautiful part of the country that I haven't spent much time in, but would like to at some point.

This is the first summer here that there is no snow showing in the back country mountains. Very scary for us, knowing there's no snow. The Going to the Sun road (in Glacier) was closed for over a week because of rain and landslides...not avalanches.

Shrek and I would be happy to show you the best places in Glacier.

I much prefer hiking in wooded areas. It gets so quiet, then if you listen, it gets quite active with all kinds of animal and bird sounds and sights. The best woods though, for me, are located as close as possible to a lake, then you can have the best of two worlds.

We both like to winter vacation on the ocean either in Florida or Mexico. It breaks up our ( usually cold) winters.

Attachments

• photo via Google images.jpg
    photo via Google images.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Never was much of a city person. I prefer river, swamp, ocean, or mountains, when I can get there.

Merchants Mill Pond

16629-albums905-picture5008.jpg
That's gorgeous, but aren't there a bunch of 'skeeters?

Seascapes for me. We go to Aruba every year the ocean and surrounding are beautiful and relaxing. We love to travel the New England seacoast and visit the seacoast towns that started life as fishing villages and now have grown.

The sunset and the fofoti tree are in Aruba. The others in Gloucester and Rockport.

Attachments

• divi wallpaper (2).jpg
    divi wallpaper (2).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC03522.jpg
    DSC03522.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02036.jpg
    DSC02036.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC01187.jpg
    DSC01187.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC01700.jpg
    DSC01700.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC01167.jpg
    DSC01167.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 143
Love'em, Andy!

When I was a LOT younger, I use to go up to Rhode Island to stay with my uncle, in Little Compton, Rhode Island. There is a certain charm to New England coastal towns that set the Atlantic apart from the more tourist laden BS Towns the range from Atlantic City, all the way down to the Keys. I LOVE New England!

Because of our backgrounds, my husband and I whizzed by much of the USA in our lives. When he retired, we bought a trailer, and he said, now I'm going to stop any time we see something. And we did. Spent three years looking at all the places that you see that are in the U.S. We settled down again, but had a great time. I personally, would be a city person if I had the chance. I married a guy who wants to live in the country, and we settled on a small midwestern town and love it here. Yes, it was one of the many places we stopped when we were in the trailer.

Thanks for all your Contributions & Feedback

Tatt: Thank you for your stunning photo of the turquoise aqua sea ... For me, this is heaven on earth ... There is nothing better, My viewpoint !

The Foodscape Photo: brilliant idea, and thanks for posting and the innovativeness ...

Princess Fiona: lovely photos and thank you for posting ...

Dawgluver: thank you for your feedback and the nice photos to accompany ...

To Everybody Else: I truly appreciate all your contributions ...

HERE ARE TWO MORE PHOTOS, OF TWO PLACES I LOVE AND WE KEEP RETURNING TO IN THE MEDITERRANEAN ... ENJOY ...

Attachments

• SANTANDER.jpg
    SANTANDER.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 145
  • GIRONA.jpg
    GIRONA.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 150
Andy,

Thanks so much for posting the stunner photos of New England ... I have always loved the sea, and spent a couple of summers in The Provincetown area, long before it had become filled with tourists, Martha´s Vineyard, Nantucket, Block Island, R.I. and numerous fishing villages along the way.

Appreciate your contribution sincerely,
Have a lovely summer,
Margaux.

Andy,

One of your beautfiul photos resembles The Mediterranean tremendously ... The last one posted with all the small fishing vessels and tiny boats ... Very Mediterranean ...

Thanks for posting ...
Have lovely summer,
Margaux.

Tax Lady: Quebec Fotos

Thanks for your contribution ... Had travelled there as a child, many many aeons ago ... I remember the Light House Route ... Lovely ...

Kind regards.
Margaux.

Andy,

Aruba is a beautiful island as well as the other Dutch island, Curaçao or is it Curaco ? It has been so many years since we have actually been there ... Time flies ...

We spent 3 years in Punta de Este, Uruguay and lived in Mexico and Brazil as well ... During that time, we travelled frequently to the various Caribbean Islands & Panama, Costa Rica, and Mexico.

I only have Slides ( there were no digital cameras then ) and need to have a DVD / CD done ...

Have lovely summer,
Margaux.

Kylie,

The Mediterranean like all other seascapes, has its beauty and its negatives. However, we love it here in Italia and we like northern Spain too as well as The Aegean, Adriatic and Mediterranean ...

Though, we also loved Uruguay, as we lived there 3 years ... We adored Punta de Este ... Montevideo is a seafront city on the Atlantic and quite multi cultural. Many Italians, Spaniards, Germans and North American Expats live there ---

Only have slides though --- have to enquire about making a DVD so I can post some of the photos I have from South America and Mexico.

When I get back to Madrid, I shall have the Vet take care of that ...

We were also in Sydney when my older daughter Naia, was doing her PHD in Wellington, New Zealand -- she met us in Sydney ... Love Love Love ... Fab dining scene ! as you know I am sure !

Best regards.
Margi.

Well, since Dawglover hasn't posted LOW photos, I will. I took this about 5 miles out (we were on our way to one of our favorite fishing holes). This is off the shore at my third place Birch Beach, Lake of the Woods. LOW is technically a reservoir, but to me, it has always been The Lake. Hoping to head that way in about 10 days...home is where the heart is, and part of my heart, is always at LOW.

Attachments

• LOW.jpg
    LOW.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 133
Margi, the last photo was taken in Rockport MA.

We enjoy Aruba and return there every year. It's a relaxing atmosphere and the beautiful beaches, ocean and sun make it a magical paradise.

Attachments

• DSC02553.jpg
    DSC02553.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 147
Andy: Thanks so much for the location & photos

Appreciate your attentiveness and kindness in posting the gorgeous photos and providing me with the New England Fishing Village Location in Rockport ...

Truly looks like Italy and Spain ...

Have a wonderful summer,
Margi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom