Laptop monitors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I had to get a new laptop today. When I was talking with the guy, we got on subject of "monitors breaking" if you grab your laptop monitor by the upper corners to move it. The larger screens have a ribbon cable that connects the upper corner. If you apply pressure (and it doesn't take much--I did this moving an IBM ThinkPad and have several friends that have experienced the same), what happens is you break the ribbon cable connection and "frac" the monitor. The larger (15"+) laptop monitors almost all have this ribbon cable. You can order a new monitor, but the best thing is to not grab your laptop by the upper corners of the monitor to move it off your lap to the floor, etc. Just a tidbit of advice.

I found a simple and cheap serving tray with built in handles. I bought it for serving my meals, but it fit the laptop so perfectly and has room for my mouse too.

Using the tray, I can move the laptop from my desk to my ottoman, where I can surf to my heart's content, and move it back to the desk when I'm done.

I found a simple and cheap serving tray with built in handles. I bought it for serving my meals, but it fit the laptop so perfectly and has room for my mouse too.

Using the tray, I can move the laptop from my desk to my ottoman, where I can surf to my heart's content, and move it back to the desk when I'm done.

What a perfect solution, Zhizara! I'm shopping for a laptop and will look for a tray like what you describe.

I'm leaning towards a Gateway NV series

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom