Laptop Password Protected

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts also. Since they didn't know how to get past the password, they sold it as quickly as they could. What good is a stolen laptop if you can't use it. :angel:

Oh, I doubt if they even tried it out. If it was stolen, it was done for the purpose of selling it, not using it themselves. The owner was smart to password protect it. They are out a laptop, but at least no one can get at their information. My BIL is retired, so this will give him something to do, playing around, trying to get it working. There are some things I just won't buy from a stranger.

Anytime Spike hears of someone who is getting rid of their computer, he will take it off their hands and rebuild a whole new computer for some kid or college student who needs one. No charge. It is just his hobby. He also does it with printers. :angel:

I've seen a ton of computers in the back area of thrift stores and all I could think is that I could take all of those and build computers for people who needed them. There are so many computers out there that are perfectly good for the average person that others have discarded. Many don't realize that their computer is plenty fast enough if someone would take the time to clean up all of the junk software and maybe upgrade a few things inexpensively.

This is very unbelievable. My BIL came over with the laptop and they have spent the past 2 hours, entering "passwords" based on the password hint of "bite." Believe it or not, they finally entered "apple" and that is the password! LOL What are the chances the would figure it out?

Anytime Spike hears of someone who is getting rid of their computer, he will take it off their hands and rebuild a whole new computer for some kid or college student who needs one. No charge. It is just his hobby. He also does it with printers. :angel:

I have a friend who does this for the elderly. He has taken half a dozen of my old computers, rebuilt them into basic machines which can send email, surf the web, etc. He gives them to elderly people and teaches them how to use it so that they can communicate with family members and friends.

I have a friend who does this for the elderly. He has taken half a dozen of my old computers, rebuilt them into basic machines which can send email, surf the web, etc. He gives them to elderly people and teaches them how to use it so that they can communicate with family members and friends.

Just a reminder to all. For those whose parents live far away and don't get to see their grandkids, a simple computer and Skype lets them see the kiddies growing up. And Skype is free. My health plan has installed a couple of computers in all of their centers for their patients to use, including Skype. And it gets a lot of use. Desktops are really cheap now. And a rebuilt one is even cheaper. Now you know what to get grandma and grandpa for Christmas. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom