Last day of school...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
turned into tears for a lot of us teachers. We felt like a breakup since we're all splitting up to different schools. I have decided to stay home and work part time in order to have more time with my 3 kids. Not to mention, saying goodbye to my students on Thursday. That was hard knowing I won't be seeing some of them again since they were moving back to Mexico and other places. This was such a hard year, a year full of good memories but yet hard since I had so much to deal with with the parents and their misbehaved kids. Whew! God knows how he helped me get through it all. Anyway, just wanted to share how the last days of school went. Hope all of you teachers have a great and restful summer!

Dina,
having two girls who are teachers, I can understand how you feel. On one hand you love teaching, but on the other , you have children who need YOU...I think going part time is a wonderful idea. It lets you keep your hand in and still gives you a lot of time with your kids. I feel those children you taught this year were very lucky, you knew it was a hardship, but finished the year for them. But, you also thought enough of them and future students to give them a great teacher with time to spend be it only part time, rather than a teacher looking at her watch and worrying if her own kids had gotten to school alright, did they remember their lunch..You students will get all you attention and benefit..Good Job..
kadesma:)

I hope you have a great summer Dina! Knowing what you went through this year, and the somewhat similar situation I had, I know that you must feel a sense of sadness along with a sense of relief to see those children and their parents (that's where the real relief comes in!) move on. Today was my last day too. Enjoy your time with your kids this summer!

:) Barbara

Thanks for your words Kadesma. It means a lot to me. All my family can say now is that they're happy to have me back.

Dearest Barbara,
I relate to you sweetie. I believe there's a purpose for each and everyone of us and we both are at the right places now...resting, for one and with our families. I hope you have a restful and wonderful summer as well. Talk to you when I return from vacation. Hugs to you my friend,

we graduated the class of 07 yesterday. underclassmen have exams this coming week then it's all over except for faculty meetings and a party the following week. Then I'm off for a couple courses at CIA middle to end of June.

Daughter has two more weeks of school to go. But they've already done the SOLs (Standards of Learning tests - I think related to No Child Left Behind ACt). Now they're just doing busy work and/or watching movies and waiting around to see if they need to take another test because they failed an SOL test.

What a waste of time.

SIL's school (h.s.) required the kids to come for one day after Memorial Day weekend. Why?????

Ladies,
Hang in there. I was reading a post of 11 weeks ago when I was hoping this day would come and it finally did. Sigh! It's still hard to shake off the stress and exhaustion, but you both will get there. Good luck!

Mud,
Our district required our kids to come back for 2 and a half days after the Memorial Day holiday.....ridiculous! I showed movies and had the students work on memory books while I packed and wrapped up all the paperwork. I'm so glad I won't be teaching next year. Hope all goes smoothly for your daughter in her last days of school.

I've got only this week then exams:rolleyes:
my schedual goes............
I've got an in-class french oral exam tomorrow, then another french in-class one on Wednesday (i'm thinking that that is reading) then I've got English exam the following monday (get tuesday off) and geoagraphy exam on either wednesday or thursday then another french (writing) exam friday...then i'm off (for good!)!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
can't wait!:)

Dina said:
Mud,
Our district required our kids to come back for 2 and a half days after the Memorial Day holiday.....ridiculous!
We didn't even get a Memorial Day holiday. We had school on Memorial Day. We get election day off but go on Memorial Day. Very unpatriotic.

:huh: Barbara

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom