"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Wink Last meal

While enjoying my most favorite meal tonight which was herbed fried chicken, mashed potatoes and country gravy, I began to wonder....

If you could chose your last meal, what would it be?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Executive Chef

It would be hard to choose......

I guess Prime Rib, Yorkshire pudding, bake potato (with crispy skin!) with extra butter and sour cream (no need to count calories I guess!) something I call my German corn, and a super slice of moist chocolate cake with a glass of ice cold milk!

Can I add a side of fried chicken since I don't have to worry about fitting into my jeans the next day???

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Fried whole bellied clams....nothing else would matter!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Master Chef

Hmmmm..that's a hard one. I would normally say Spaghetti with meatballs, caesar salad with homemade croutons, freshly grated parmesan cheese, cheesy garlic bread... ice water with lemon or iced tea (possibly an ice-cold draft beer--George killians Irish Red, lemon sorbet for dessert.... coffee or hot tea.

BUT, I'm finding that beef isn't setting well in my tommy as of late. So, I would have to say vegie lasagna (with lots of spinach) or a cheesy vegie pizza (mushrooms, green pepper, onion, tomato, broccoli and plenty of mozz cheese!), caesar salad, cheesy garlic bread, draft beer, vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup for dessert.

Can anyone tell that I love cheese?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Surf and Turf to the extreme! Whole steamed lobster (preferably a female), with a perfectly grilled medium NY Strip. Loaded baked potato, and maybe some steamed broccoli. Plenty of cold beer to drink. And some of that super-moist, super-rich carrot cake that we made at work last month, or a nice Italian Creme Cake.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Executive Chef

starters of fried calamari, Manhattan clam chowder, Caesar salad (with the anchovies), leg of lamb au jus with pan roasted root veg and potatoes, and a finishing cheese course with Stilton, mushroom brie, and parmesan w/ balsamic vin.

I would choose Malbec and Carmenere wines.

but that is tonight's concept, who knows what I might feel like tomorrow??
Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol... we'll I'd have to be on a Greek island to get mine. I have a favorite road side stand that sells the best GYROs! I'd have two of them...a plate of Mousaka... and then after a quick flight to Italy a large bowl of vanilla ice cream and then HOME to a bowl of warm chocolate pudding!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
Master Chef

If the warden would allow it I would ask them to bring me some prime rib and sashimi. :D
Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Oooh can I add to my menu!!! Yum!!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
Surf and Turf to the extreme! Whole steamed lobster (preferably a female), with a perfectly grilled medium NY Strip. Loaded baked potato, and maybe some steamed broccoli. Plenty of cold beer to drink. And some of that super-moist, super-rich carrot cake that we made at work last month, or a nice Italian Creme Cake.
Be still my heart! This is it! But substitute asparagus for the broccoli, and iced tea for the beer.

The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote