"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2005, 12:35 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Wow. I love reading about the love you all have for your mothers.
Prayer's are being sent to those who need them most.

I cried the other day when I heard that a baluga whale died.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #22
Master Chef

You all make me feel ashamed of myself. Alzeimers is such a terrible thing to deal with. I hope you continue to be able to deal with it, but if it gets where you can't, the most debilitating thing for the care-giver can be paralyzing guilt. Don't fall prey to it, everyone has a different level of what they can do, and each Alzeimers victim is different as well. Some get violent, and then you have to have professional help no matter what.

My crying was mostly hormonal. Yes, the Big M. My husband had a severe allergic reaction and it was touch and go. As is usual for me, I handled all of it very well. Then a week or two later I completely broke down and bawled my eyes out ... not worried about him (by then he was healthy as can be), but when I started paying bills and wondering what is going to happen when the ambulance/emergency room bills come in! Of course I was crying for EVERYTHING that went wrong in the past 6 months (not much, really).

Old 07-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
You all make me feel ashamed of myself. Alzeimers is such a terrible thing to deal with. I hope you continue to be able to deal with it, but if it gets where you can't, the most debilitating thing for the care-giver can be paralyzing guilt. Don't fall prey to it, everyone has a different level of what they can do, and each Alzeimers victim is different as well. Some get violent, and then you have to have professional help no matter what.

My crying was mostly hormonal. Yes, the Big M. My husband had a severe allergic reaction and it was touch and go. As is usual for me, I handled all of it very well. Then a week or two later I completely broke down and bawled my eyes out ... not worried about him (by then he was healthy as can be), but when I started paying bills and wondering what is going to happen when the ambulance/emergency room bills come in! Of course I was crying for EVERYTHING that went wrong in the past 6 months (not much, really).
Claire,
no need to feel ashamed..You know we all rach a point at one time or another where, just, a button coming of our shirt sets off a flood of tears...You reached that point...I did too, but, your up and running and doing well, I am as well..I can handle things just fine, the kids get hurt, I take in get em checked, come home put them to sleep, then an hour later, I'm shaking and in tears...We all handle things in our own way..I would have had a stroke had my dh had anything happen to him..but it would have been later not sooner I'm just happy you both are okay...
kadesma
Old 07-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #24
Master Chef

Tonight. I got an email from my SIL. She went on and on about her new boyfriend and all sorts of stuff that she's doing this summer while she's off from work, and not once did she ask how we were doing getting ready for the baby, etc. At the end she made a snide comment about how I better not expect her to be throwing me a baby shower. I really didn't expect her to but a tiny part of me was hoping that she might because I really don't have anyone else who would. We have friends, but I'd call them good acquaintances--the type of people who would come if invited but that's as far as it goes.

I feel selfish that this made me so sad. We're fortunate that my parents are very involved and helping us get ready and that we're able to do a lot on our own, too, but it still hurts and has me feeling sort of lonely.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
Tonight. I got an email from my SIL. She went on and on about her new boyfriend and all sorts of stuff that she's doing this summer while she's off from work, and not once did she ask how we were doing getting ready for the baby, etc. At the end she made a snide comment about how I better not expect her to be throwing me a baby shower. I really didn't expect her to but a tiny part of me was hoping that she might because I really don't have anyone else who would. We have friends, but I'd call them good acquaintances--the type of people who would come if invited but that's as far as it goes.

I feel selfish that this made me so sad. We're fortunate that my parents are very involved and helping us get ready and that we're able to do a lot on our own, too, but it still hurts and has me feeling sort of lonely.
Pa, I'm sorry, please don't feel blue..Sometimes sisters,can be so thoughtless..They get all agog over something and foret what is important in life. Believe me, I know...I to have a sister, who hasn't bee here tosee our som since Christmas..It makes me so angry I could cry..Back to you..I wish I could give you that shower, I did it for both my daughters and I had so much fun Even tho I can't do much, I do hope your family come through for you..We all need that little nudge that says, Of course I love you silly..
So, don't be blue, look down, pat your tummy and tell that precious baby that you love it. It will tell you back!!!
kadesma
Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
okay guys we're having a baby shower for pa in the cafe.
pa you know if we really could we would without thinking
twice about it
Old 07-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
pa you know if we really could we would without thinking twice about it
*snif* Aw, middie, that's so sweet. You have me weepy again, but now I'm smiling!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm only speaking the truth. don't go weepy on me or i'll start lol
Old 07-21-2005, 09:48 PM   #29
Master Chef

What if I and at the same time? Is that OK?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

ummm only if i can too lol