Laughable warning labels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
have you seen any labels on items you buy that are just too funny?
i was just reading a package of incense i bought the other day and it says, 'non-edible.':ohmy: who would've THOUGHT?! whew! good thing i read that label when i did! i was just getting ready to go grate some over my spaghetti! and here, all this time i've been snacking on it instead of using it to fragrance my room.
another one was on a box of popsicles i had. it actually had a warning about how the popsicles are cold. why, you don't say!
i'll have to look at a package of them now when i go to the store to see exactly how it was worded.:-p
any ridulous ones you've seen?

I've always been amused by those little packets of drying agent in the packaging for electronics. They are labeled, Do Not Eat.".

I guess tha't to protect themselves against the average consumer who believes the manufacturer threw in a snack with his new DVD player.

Alix has one for Canadian-made gummies that said "may contain pig butts".
Oooooooooooh! How appealing!

One of my favorites is the warning label on hair dryers. "Do not use while in the bathtub"
How am I supposed to multi-task now?

What about irons that say, product is hot while in use?? or not to iron while wearing the garment?? Maybe I want to get rid of MY wrinkles too!!

I like the warning on some of my fishing lures...

This product contains lead, a substance known to the state of California to cause cancer if injested.

Yeah, not to mention the problems those freaking BRASS HOOKS could cause! :ROFLMAO:

John

I bought two identical boxes of butter at Aldi a few weeks ago. They didn't have unsalted, so I checked the nutrition label to see how much sodium they had. One of them says that it has 90mg sodium and 4% Daily Value. The other one says that it has 90mg sodium and 0% Daily Value. Huh?

:) Barbara

Planes "Maybe to high to jump without help"? :ohmy: :wacko:
Cars "Don't Exit until stopped'? Come on lets be real ! :ROFLMAO:

Maidrite said:
Planes "Maybe to high to jump without help"? :ohmy: :wacko:
Cars "Don't Exit until stopped'? Come on lets be real ! :ROFLMAO:

There's a few people, that I know, that I wouldn't mind helping:LOL:

:wacko:You think?

A Microwave Oven says "Do not use for drying pets."

An electric thermometer "Do not use orally after using rectally."

A toilet bowl cleaning brush "Do not use orally."

A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard "Do not drive with sunshield in place."

A box of rat poison "Warning: Has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice."

A pack of peanuts on an aeroplane - 'Warning Contains Nuts'....

My favourite, which I've only read about and not actually seen, is on a Japanese food mixer and says 'Warning! Not to be used for the other use.' Don't know about you, but I'm dying to know what the other use is :)

wasabi said:
:wacko:You think?

A Microwave Oven says "Do not use for drying pets."

An electric thermometer "Do not use orally after using rectally."

A toilet bowl cleaning brush "Do not use orally."

A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard "Do not drive with sunshield in place."

A box of rat poison "Warning: Has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice."

8.gif
3.gif
7.gif
5.gif

Andy M. said:
I've always been amused by those little packets of drying agent in the packaging for electronics. They are labeled, Do Not Eat.".

I guess tha't to protect themselves against the average consumer who believes the manufacturer threw in a snack with his new DVD player.

Those packets of dessicant can also be found in beef jerky, which is why I believe they print on the packets to not eat them.

Allen, I could just see a guy, with a packet of jerky beside him in his car...munchin the jerky........tunes going...munchin the jerky.......window down....great day.........munchin the jerky........... driving down the highway...

All of a sudden *ACK!!!*

which is why they put the label on those packets of silica.

luvs, lol, a long time ago i actually tried to smoke a hunk of incense once. i thought it was something else a friend left for me...:huh:

one favorite sign, kind of a warning "label", was on a roof near a sattelite transmission uplink. it said "be alert" because you could get cooked like in a microwave oven if the dishes were on. but someone scrawled underneath the "be alert" sign "because lerts are more productive"...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom